× Members

Jobcentre Plus Customer Compliance Letter

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145361 by glennamy
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as I am really stressed at the moment. I just received a letter yesterday from the DWP Jobcentre Plus Customer Compliance team asking if i have any changes I wish to report before they visit on Friday...

My health conditions haven't changed, when I called them they answered the phone with FRAUD department... and I hung up the phone...

I don't sleep well as it is and I got no sleep whatsoever last night, usually get 3 hours because of conditions) I am shaking, feel sick and so stressed as I haven't defrauded them.

I have never had a visit like this before, only from a dwp appointed doctor to award me my disability, and I am now really scared.

Does anyone know if these visits get done at random or has someone been nasty about my conditions...

I am in a right mess and stress just compounds my conditions... any advice would be very much appreciated,

Glenn
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145367 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Jobcentre Plus Customer Compliance Letter
Hi Glenn and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

We have had a few members who have recieved this kind of letter recently. I think they have all been resolved without a problem. Many of these are initiated at random but it is a possibility that someone has made allegations against you :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: glennamy

More
8 years 4 months ago #145369 by glennamy
Replied by glennamy on topic Jobcentre Plus Customer Compliance Letter
Thanks for your comment Mrs Hurtyback and you kind words, :)

I have been a member for a number of years but didn't realise my membership has lapsed, I must have missed the email to renew, so I reactivated it about a month ago...

More
8 years 4 months ago #145371 by glennamy
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback for your reply and comment, it has made me feel a little calmer.

I thought I was a active member, had been for at least a couple of years if not longer, but a month ago when i tried to read something, I couldn't access it as my membership had lapsed, I must have missed the renewal email... I blame brain fog :)

Thanks again

Glenn
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 4 months ago #145376 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Jobcentre Plus Customer Compliance Letter
Thanks Glenn,

Here is another thread similar to yours

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=106534

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: glennamy

More
8 years 3 months ago #148407 by glennamy
Update:

The compliance officer who turned up was very polite and was not was I was expecting... The reason for the visit turned out to be about savings I had accrued and they wanted to know why I had more than £6k in savings... FWIW they knew about both bank accounts that I had even though I had only given them details of one I used for day to day banking. I told the officer of the other one when speaking before It was mentioned, the reason being for a savings interest rate, the current account pays nothing.

Well after chatting and explaining 90% of the savings was a one off payment of back benefit by the DWP, and providing the letters/statements as evidence the officer was happy and took a statement - apparently, the departments within the DWP do not talk to each other, which would have saved a lot of worry and stress

About a week ago (5 weeks after date of interview) I received a letter saying no further action would be taken.

Thanks again to Mrs Hurtyback who kindly replied to my query.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.