× Members

3rd tribunal for same claim!!

• ben buckley
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #145381 by ben buckley
3rd tribunal for same claim!! was created by ben buckley
hi everyone, im joined here as a last resort to be honest as im completely out of ideas and my local cab office has been no help at all. il try to keep it as brief but also as clear as possible and see if anyone can offer any advice

i made a claim for dla back in march 2013, i was already in receipt of esa but in the work related group.

Just after i made the dla claim i was invited to a esa assessment at my local job center with a so called nurse, after some questions she tried to exam me and i refused the examination as she had admitted she was not an expert in my disability so i did not see how she could possibly assess me.

By the way i have fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome and faecal incontinence

A few months later there was no payment made for my esa and i was told it was because i had been found fit for work so this was appealed, after a couple of weeks i received a telephone call and was interviewed on the phone, a week later i was awarded esa and put in the support group.

Then i was turned down for my dla so that was then appealed which was refused so i asked for it to be heard by a tribunal
Tribunal date came which was the 3rd January 2014 and after being grilled for 20 minutes i received a letter stating i was not awarded it so i challenged the decision and it was found they erred in law

After an extremely long wait another tribunal was heard on the 3rd December 2014
Again i was grilled for 20 minutes and asked if i could walk to a wall in the room and back and then received another letter stating i was not entitled to either component.
I then contested it and they said there was no error in law so i asked for it to be referred to the upper tribunal which they refused

So i applied to the upper tribunal myself which they accepted, the upper tribunal judge stated that the statutory criteria had not been applied and that the whole hearing was a complete mess, he then stated that it should now be reheard again at a 1st tier as he believes they are capable of doing and after already going twice i can assure you they are not

so now im stuck, have never found any evidence of someone waiting 3 years and 3 tribunals for a benefits decision and i dont know what to do next :(

just some other background info: i have never had a atos assessment for dla
i was told if a decision for esa was overturned then that evidence cannot be used?
i applied for a blue badge and after a assessment i was awarded it instantly

any help or advice would be very very greatly recieved

many thanks
ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145383 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic 3rd tribunal for same claim!!
Hi
Sounds like a nightmare!! Good old DWP.

I think you need to ring or write and request the appeal hearing the judge said you were entitled to.
Probably ring and ask for the from for an appeal. Do you have the written judgement yet? You should put a copy in with your rquest for an appeal.

You should also consider a formal complaint and copy in your MP. Many MPs do not know what a nightmare the DWP is so its best we educate them!!

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 3rd tribunal for same claim!!
BB

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

In addition to the advice already given.

Whilst an Upper Tier Judge can make an entitlement Decision, it is unusual for them to do so, they would need clear cut evidence that the claimant met or did not meet the criteria for the benefit and this is often not the case if the original panel(s) have failed to discharge their duty properly.

I'm afraid there is no way around your attending a third First Tier hearing, you should receive details of the new hearing in the next couple of weeks, if you have not already.

You don't say who told you that you cannot use the results of your revised ESA claim, but if the Decision to do so was made before the Decision on your DLA claim or at the very least the evidence that resulted in the revision was produced before then, then it should be accepted. It is only if it post dates the DLA Decision that you might have problems.

Notwithstanding the two Errors of Law, given that you have failed to convince a panel twice when you met the criteria and that this happened without a face to face assessment then it would suggest that there are issues with your evidence. So I would go back to scratch with the papers from the hearings and our DLA guides, to see whether you can better explain your care and mobility issues.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlachanges

You should still have an opportunity to submit new evidence, but anything you do send in must make it clear that it is relevant to the date you originally applied for DLA, changes that have occurred since, cannot be considered by the Tribunal panel.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

• ben buckley
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #145411 by ben buckley
Replied by ben buckley on topic 3rd tribunal for same claim!!
Hi again. I have a new 1st tier tribunal date set for January : (

• ben buckley
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #145412 by ben buckley
Replied by ben buckley on topic 3rd tribunal for same claim!!
The upper tribunal judge has requested that a new hearing be heard in January by a 1st tier tribunal. I just need to know what evidence can they use if I never had a dla assessment and theresa was overturned

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145434 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic 3rd tribunal for same claim!!
They can use any evidence already in their possession and you can submit any additional evidence you wish.
I suggest following Gordons advice above for your additional submission(s)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris