× Members

Asking for reconsider on award

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145465 by mrs osteo
Asking for reconsider on award was created by mrs osteo
Had my award today and standard care only. Nothing for mobility despite fact I can only walk 20 metres as confirmed by Gp and I am a blue badge holder .Have severe osteoporosis in spine, hips and scoliosis and evidence was sent .Whole assessment was a joke as I feel she took no notice of my answers .I produced lots of evidence to support my claim but these have been ignored as I was awarded zero points for most things when evidence showed to the contrary? I had a home assessment as I cannot climb stairs or travel on my own and had no one to go with me .She arrived an hour early but that was not a problem as I had nothing to hide She was very sympathetic and realised I could not do the standing on one leg or raising arms etc .Yet I scored zero points ? Where do I go from here ?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #145472 by
Replied by on topic Asking for reconsider on award

mrs osteo wrote: Had my award today and standard care only. Nothing for mobility despite fact I can only walk 20 metres as confirmed by Gp and I am a blue badge holder .Have severe osteoporosis in spine, hips and scoliosis and evidence was sent .Whole assessment was a joke as I feel she took no notice of my answers .I produced lots of evidence to support my claim but these have been ignored as I was awarded zero points for most things when evidence showed to the contrary? I had a home assessment as I cannot climb stairs or travel on my own and had no one to go with me .She arrived an hour early but that was not a problem as I had nothing to hide She was very sympathetic and realised I could not do the standing on one leg or raising arms etc .Yet I scored zero points ? Where do I go from here ?

Hi mrs o,

A "reserved" congratulations on your PIP Award !

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a PIP Mobility Award ! :(

You next step if you wish to challenge this decision is to make a written request for an MR of the decision.

A previous post of mine : Here. that includes generic information on requesting a PIP MR may be helpful.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #145476 by tommotompkins
Replied by tommotompkins on topic Asking for reconsider on award
Mrs Osteo - this is simply just not right. Arriving early like that was not only rude - it was probably designed to 'throw you'. This 'professional' cannot possibly have been a doctor.
I suffer the same painful conditions as you and have just gone from DLA to PIP.
Please submit your Mandatory reconsideration and lodge an appeal. It is most important that you ring up for a copy of the 'medical' so that you can correct any nonsense that might possibly have been written.

I cannot stress how important it is for you to have someone with you next time you have an assessment - so they can support you and ensure that the HCP acts with due diligence and does not ignore your very clear needs. Even if you think that you have no one in the world - I am sure that your GP could arrange for someone to come to your home and sit in on the consultation.
Just keep on at the DWP like a terrier - and I am sure that right will prevail in the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrs osteo

More
8 years 5 months ago #145826 by mrs osteo
Replied by mrs osteo on topic Asking for reconsider on award
Do you have a link to a template letter for a PIP MR ? Also should I decide to just call them what advice can you give me ? I intend to ask why they gave me zero points for mobility despite my medical certificate from GP showing I cannot walk more than 50 metres and I have a blue badge .My report also states Osteoporosis in hips and spine, also Osteoarthritis in both knees All evidence was sent in with my PIP form along with 2 dexa scans . I told the assessor (Home Visit) all this and showed her all the evidence I sent in so do not know why I was given zero for mobility? Any help greatly appreciated

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145836 by
Replied by on topic Asking for reconsider on award
Hi Mrs O,

There is a sample PIP MR Letter on page 2 of the guide obtainable from "PIP appeal submissions
A 33 page guide to PIP appeal submissions and sample submissions for health conditions: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Anxiety & depression; Schizophrenia; Mobility problems; Fibromyalgia; Anxiety disorder, depression & agoraphobia and; Osteoarthritis & obesity" link under : PIP Appeals
on : This Page.

I have previously provided a link for you for the same page, please read the guides before posting ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #145939 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Asking for reconsider on award
Hi
You should have the decision makers report which shows how they arrived at the number of points for each category.
When you ring and request a MR you can also request the HCA report which will tell you what was written about you at the home assessment. It sometimes transpires that they say one thing to your face and write another in the report.
You can then work through the reports and note whether your evidence was taken into cnsoderation or gnored. You should put all such discrepancies in your submission.
There is no point trying to engage on the phone. Just ask for the MR. You should also put it in writing as they sometimes forget you called.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.