× Members

Atos Question

More
8 years 5 months ago #145550 by Zoe
Atos Question was created by Zoe
Dear all,

I just called Atos to get an update on the pip application. They said there's a request on the system for an assessment at a centre and that when I get the appointment letter I should ring them and let them know I can't make it and they'll try to get a home assessment set up. They said they couldn't ask for a home assessment before then. I don't understand this at all. I sent in a request for a home assessment and so did my doctor... How has this not been processed?

They also said they have no idea if the assessor has even looked at the doctor's letter before requesting the assessment at a centre. I asked them how it's possible for the assessor to not look at the evidence available; how on earth can they make a decision without looking at the evidence...!

I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment and was wondering if that sounds about right and what I should do... :(

Zoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145565 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos Question

Zoe wrote: Dear all,

I just called Atos to get an update on the pip application. They said there's a request on the system for an assessment at a centre and that when I get the appointment letter I should ring them and let them know I can't make it and they'll try to get a home assessment set up. They said they couldn't ask for a home assessment before then. I don't understand this at all. I sent in a request for a home assessment and so did my doctor... How has this not been processed?

They also said they have no idea if the assessor has even looked at the doctor's letter before requesting the assessment at a centre. I asked them how it's possible for the assessor to not look at the evidence available; how on earth can they make a decision without looking at the evidence...!

I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment and was wondering if that sounds about right and what I should do... :(

Zoe

It seems to be normal practice but is definitely not right, I would consider making a complaint, especially if they subsequently offer a home assessment without a fight.

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145587 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Atos Question
Gordon many thanks for the answer and the information!

It was a surreal phone call that's for sure... The man from Atos also said there's a lot of medical evidence and how am I expecting the assessor to go through everything... Now I know there's a lot of medical evidence, I sent the evidence myself but there's a lot of conditions and a lot of consultants so of course there's a lot of evidence... Not quite sure why that's a bad thing or why the assessor shouldn't be expected to read them before deciding what to do with a claim and how to assess...

I would love to complain about this home assessment issue; would they be obliged to actually read the gp report asking for a home assessment if I complain and actually offer it as an option....?

Many thanks again...

Zoe

More
8 years 5 months ago #145605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos Question
Zoe

I'm afraid it is unlikely that a complaint will be processed in time to make a difference to whether you are assessed or not, but it might.

If they are having problems reading your evidence then it might help if you separate out your comments about an assessment and your GP letter and send that to them separately. See

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145632 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Atos Question
Hi Gordon,

Many thanks for reading and replying once again; you've been incredibly helpful.

The incredible thing is that the gp letter asking for a home assessment has been sent separately to everything else, but not long after and I've confirmed with the DWP that it was scanned onto their system about a month ago now. Regardless Atos said there's no way to know what the assessor has looked at from the evidence, but it's so much so how should I expect them to read everything (it's about 40 pages, so truly not that much)?! At the same time they said that the request for an assessment was already visible on their system but that it was clear it wasn't for a home assessment. They said there's no way to prompt assessors to look at the gp letter or to request a home assessment until I get a letter asking for a centre assessment.. Do they communicate via e-mail about claims as well? I mean can I forward the gp letter again to them via e-mail and highlight the need for a home assessment or is there little point at this time?

Truly surreal process, all this...

Zoe

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145640 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Atos Question
Hi Zoe

You really need to register a formal complaint about the way your claim is being processed and send a copy to your MP.

It is utterly incredible that they are whining about the amount of evidence you have submitted and how can the assessor be expected to read it all!!
That is surely the point of sending the evidence. They must read it all to determine your claim.
Please complain and let your MP know. The more we all do this the sooner this evil regime will collapse under its own corrupt, incompetent weight.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.