× Members

Atos Question

More
8 years 4 months ago #145953 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos Question

Zoe wrote: Hi Gordon and many thanks for the reply.

They haven't booked the first appointment for me yet; they've just told me a centre assessment has been requested.

The issues were:

a. my gp asked for a home assessment for medical reasons and that wasn't taken into consideration at all
and
b. ATOS customer service representative told me on the phone that how should I expect the assessor to go through all the medical evidence, it's too many pages...
Now today, Atos in response to my complaint about this, said an assessor has looked at all the evidence now and they are able to confirm this, but that home assessments are only for those bedridden all the time as I said in the previous post...

I have flagged this with my MP as well... Is it worth flagging it with the dwp too you think?

Zoe

The DWP have outsourced everything to do with the assessment process to ATOS and Capita, the decision to allow a home assessment lies with them only.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145954 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Atos Question
Thank you Gordon...

So the issue is really whether the MP will be able to accomplish anything or not re the home assessment?

Zoe

More
8 years 4 months ago #145955 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos Question

Zoe wrote: Thank you Gordon...

So the issue is really whether the MP will be able to accomplish anything or not re the home assessment?

Zoe

'fraid so

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoe

More
8 years 4 months ago #146103 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Atos Question
Just a quick update to say a huge thanks; I lodged another complaint with atos a couple of days ago re the home vs centre assessment issue. Today they sent me a new e-mail indicating they investigated the situation and the medical evidence I sent them and can now see a home assessment is needed. So I just have to wait for my appointment letter in the post! It's not an award, it's an assessment but it feels like a small victory truly as I really couldn't have gone to a centre assessment medically.. It just wasn't doable..

Wouldn't have had the stamina or courage to fight for this without the support and guidance of the lovely people on here and without being able to read on this forum about so many others around the country in similar situations.. Thank you. :)

Zoe
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.