× Members

DLA/PIP in Northern Ireland

More
8 years 4 months ago #145611 by brena
DLA/PIP in Northern Ireland was created by brena
I've just received a renewal claim pack for DLA . My current award ends in April next year. I've been reading through the members guide and it says that from Oct '15 everyone will be asked to claim PIP instead. Is the guide wrong? Do they only apply to people in England?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145616 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA/PIP in Northern Ireland

brena wrote: I've just received a renewal claim pack for DLA . My current award ends in April next year. I've been reading through the members guide and it says that from Oct '15 everyone will be asked to claim PIP instead. Is the guide wrong? Do they only apply to people in England?

Hi b,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

No, the guide is not wrong !!

If you live in N Ireland, and in receipt of DLA, you will be reviewed for DLA and not PIP.

See this extract : "Our understanding is that all qualifying DLA awards on the UK mainland from : This Post.

So, you need to fill in the DLA renewal pack and return it in good time.

See : When should I send my renewal form back?

From our : DLA FAQ’s

See also : DLA Guides and : DM Guide DLA & AA

Good luck !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.