× Members

Esa appeal

More
8 years 5 months ago #145741 by Jane 235
Replied by Jane 235 on topic Esa appeal
Hi I am looking for a letter template to ask my gp for medical evidence to support my claim but I can't find it can any one point me in the right direction
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145789 by Jane 235
Is there a form or letter I can print off asking my gp to provide evidence for my claim. I can't get an appointment till after the new year thanks

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145807 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Esa appeal
Hi
There is no template because every GPs letter will be different.
You should take your copy of your claim form and discuss with your doctor what you have said about how your health affects you carrying out the activities in the descriptors so your doctor can give his opinion in a letter.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145972 by Jane 235
Well my appeal was sent off yesterday with loads of medical info from my gp and consultant at the hospital so fingers crossed. Will payments start again once appeal is logged I haven't had any money since the 17th November and I can't apply for jsa as they have said I am not for for work. This is just so much to take in at once.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago #145987 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa appeal

Jane 235 wrote: Well my appeal was sent off yesterday with loads of medical info from my gp and consultant at the hospital so fingers crossed. Will payments start again once appeal is logged I haven't had any money since the 17th November and I can't apply for jsa as they have said I am not for for work. This is just so much to take in at once.

Hi J235,

Once The TS have informed you that your appeal has been accepted, you should contact ESA and tell them that you now wish to revert back to ESA payable at The Assessment Rate.

You will also need to obtain fresh fit notes from your G.P., and supply those to DWP ESA.

If you can get the fit notes back dated to the date of your fit for work decision, you should be entitled to ESA from that date.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.