× Members

PIP - where to put some info.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145684 by Lawson
PIP - where to put some info. was created by Lawson
Hello guys
I hope you can advise me. I currently receive little treatment from professionals for my chronic pain as there is nothing more that they can do for me. I have an extensive list of my history including:
1) NHS hospitals attended, Consultants seen and tests, treatments and surgeries carried out
2) The same for Private Hospitals that I paid for
3) A list of many medications used in the past that were obviously inneffective
4)The same for alternative remedies i.e. Homeopathic
5) Another list of alternative/complementary therapies paid for i.e Chiropractic,Acupuncture etc.(there are many)
6) I have also invested over the years in many self help strategies some of which I still use i.e. meditation etc.

Would it be best to include these in Question 2b " Tell us about medication /treatments you are taking/will be having /side effects etc". OR would it be best to note on the form "see Question 15 " and put all of this historical information in that section? I shall be including all answers on a typed sheet and noting this on the form with appropriate references.
Sorry this seems long winded but I would really appreciate your valued comments and advice on this. It is all so stressful and exacerbates pain as you are well aware.

Thank you for your patience and consideration
Lawson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145691 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - where to put some info.
Lawson

Question 2b is for current treatments, if you don not receive any then use this space to explain why.

Any historical information should either be put in Q15 or in answer to questions Q3 to Q14 as relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145832 by Lawson
Replied by Lawson on topic PIP - where to put some info.
Thanks Gordon

That has been my thinking. However I may have missed something.

I have just gone back over the Benefits & Work PIP guide and ref. Q 2b from halfway down page 23 it appears to indicate that medication and medical historical treatments should be included in this section i.e.
1)" Have you been prescribed medication in the past which you are no longer taking but which demonstrates the seriousness of your condition. We think you should put it down and explain why you are no longer taking it".

2) "In the same way, if you have had treatment in the past which shows the seriousness of your condition then list it here, even if it was years ago".

Sorry -I am tying myself in knots in trying to put things in right places.

Which section would be best Q2 or Q15 ?

So very sorry to trouble you again but still a bit confused.

Thank you so much for your patience. Lawson

More
8 years 4 months ago #145843 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - where to put some info.

lawson wrote: Thanks Gordon

That has been my thinking. However I may have missed something.

I have just gone back over the Benefits & Work PIP guide and ref. Q 2b from halfway down page 23 it appears to indicate that medication and medical historical treatments should be included in this section i.e.
1)" Have you been prescribed medication in the past which you are no longer taking but which demonstrates the seriousness of your condition. We think you should put it down and explain why you are no longer taking it".

2) "In the same way, if you have had treatment in the past which shows the seriousness of your condition then list it here, even if it was years ago".

Sorry -I am tying myself in knots in trying to put things in right places.

Which section would be best Q2 or Q15 ?

So very sorry to trouble you again but still a bit confused.

Thank you so much for your patience. Lawson

The key difference between the two is that Q2 is a summary and Q15 is for detailed response.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145901 by Lawson
Replied by Lawson on topic PIP - where to put some info.
Thank you Gordon
I think I should now put my long history in Q15 response as suggested. I thought this would be the case but just checking (too much I suppose).
Anyway your patience and reply are gratefully received
Thanks
Lawson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.