× Members

Taking nutrition criteria for PIP

More
8 years 5 months ago #145755 by axwy62
Taking nutrition criteria for PIP was created by axwy62
Hi all,
I'm looking for opinions on the following.

I have long-standing (30+ years) gastrointestinal issues which have slowly deteriorated to the point where I am now only able to consume (mostly in liquid form!) less than 1000 calories per day. This is clearly insufficient to maintain my bodyweight but I won't be prescribed any sort of tube feeding until my BMI falls below 25. I'm currently losing about 3lbs a week, or around a stone a month - every cloud and all that - really good excuse to keep buying new clothes!

Currently completing the PIP form as a DLA transfer (high rate care, low mobility for the last 15 years) and I cannot work out which criteria I meet for taking nutrition. I can physically convey food and drink to my mouth, but I don't do so reliably because my digestive system simply cannot accept it, and my apetite is so poor that I do genuinely forget to eat unless reminded because I simply do not get hungry. When I do eat it's often just a yoghurt or similar. Clearly I don't meet 2 (e) yet, so would it be 2 (d) or do I go to 2 (f) as even with prompting I can't eat enough?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145840 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Taking nutrition criteria for PIP
Angie

Based on your post you would seem to at best meet 2(d) "needs prompting", I can't see how you would meet 2(f) as there is nothing in your post that suggests that you need someone else to feed because you cannot do so yourself.

You will need to emphasise that you cannot complete 2(d) reliably, I would guess; "to a satisfactory standard" due to your being unable to consume sufficient calories.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.