× Members

Sucessful PIP Appeal Plus ESA

• stripey
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145916 by stripey
Sucessful PIP Appeal Plus ESA was created by stripey
Hi

Went through the PIP appeal stage for mobility and was awarded the lower rate mobility component.

I was also sent a form, severe disability premium. extra money filled it in and never received a response, so phoned up and they said its because you live with your mother to why you did not qualify for the SDP. She doesn't receive a carers allowance we just share a house.

Is this right or should I write in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145922 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sucessful PIP Appeal Plus ESA

stripey wrote: Hi

Went through the PIP appeal stage for mobility and was awarded the lower rate mobility component.

I was also sent a form, severe disability premium. extra money filled it in and never received a response, so phoned up and they said its because you live with your mother to why you did not qualify for the SDP. She doesn't receive a carers allowance we just share a house.

Is this right or should I write in?

You also need to live alone or be considered as living alone, if your mother receives Attendance Allowance, DLA Medium or Higher rate Care or PIP Daily Living, then the latter should apply, if not then you won't qualify.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• stripey
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146037 by stripey
Replied by stripey on topic Sucessful PIP Appeal Plus ESA
She gets ESA and the higher rate mobility no living allowance.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146039 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sucessful PIP Appeal Plus ESA

stripey wrote: She gets ESA and the higher rate mobility no living allowance.

That would be why she is still counted as living with you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.