× Members

fit note & esa

• mrsS
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146058 by mrsS
fit note & esa was created by mrsS
:S i saw my doctor today as i had a car crash 3 weeks ago,i was on esa but only receiving national insurance contributions,since the crash my problems have gotten alot worse,i have now damaged my back and my ptsd is terrible,i filed a new claime with esa as my condition has worsened and the asked me to supply a fit note,i saw the doctor today,he gave me a fit note saying ongoing depression & muscular skelotal problems,no mention of ptsd,but he ticked the box maybe fit for work?!?!?!,and dated it for 3 months.i have made another appointment to see a different doctor,but that isnt until next week to see if they can overwrite the first fit note and tick the box that says unfit for work which is what i am.shall i wait for the next note or still send this one into dwp???? ,i just worry that as it says maybe fit for work that they may not accept my claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic fit note & esa

mrsS wrote: :S i saw my doctor today as i had a car crash 3 weeks ago,i was on esa but only receiving national insurance contributions,since the crash my problems have gotten alot worse,i have now damaged my back and my ptsd is terrible,i filed a new claime with esa as my condition has worsened and the asked me to supply a fit note,i saw the doctor today,he gave me a fit note saying ongoing depression & muscular skelotal problems,no mention of ptsd,but he ticked the box maybe fit for work?!?!?!,and dated it for 3 months.i have made another appointment to see a different doctor,but that isnt until next week to see if they can overwrite the first fit note and tick the box that says unfit for work which is what i am.shall i wait for the next note or still send this one into dwp???? ,i just worry that as it says maybe fit for work that they may not accept my claim

There should not be a problem with the Fit Note, the key requirement is that one has been issued.

However, you should not have needed to make a new claim, if you were receiving NI Credits then you technically have an ESA claim already on the system, depending on the reason you were only receiving Credits, it may impact on what happens with this claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrsS

More
8 years 4 months ago #146079 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic fit note & esa
If you have PTSD as a result of service in the armed forces as a regular or reservist, you should include a note to that effect with the sicknote. The Armed Forces Covenant yearly comic, oops sorry report, is out today and it has a section on help for PTSD suffers. PTSD should always be highlighted in any correspondence with any department, your doc was remiss to not put it as a primary illness. There are rules for GPs that have not been followed regarding ex service personnel with medical discharge or later developed conditions.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrsS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.