× Members

DWP closing dates Xmas and New year

More
8 years 4 months ago #146164 by mommaduck
DWP closing dates Xmas and New year was created by mommaduck
Do you/anyone know the dates that Post Handling site is open during this period?

Just got my PIP2 form today, and states that it has to be back by 3rd January, which is a Sunday. Not sure if Monday the 4th is a holiday or not.

Not best pleased as Royal Mail say last posting for xmas period is in 10 days time. There is no chance I will have completed it by then, and not sure what would be the last date I can post for it to get there by Monday the 4th?

This is really unfair on claimants as Xmas and New year is a nightmare for post. I think that an automatic extension of at least a week should have been given to allow for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP closing dates Xmas and New year

mommaduck wrote: Do you/anyone know the dates that Post Handling site is open during this period?

Just got my PIP2 form today, and states that it has to be back by 3rd January, which is a Sunday. Not sure if Monday the 4th is a holiday or not.

Not best pleased as Royal Mail say last posting for xmas period is in 10 days time. There is no chance I will have completed it by then, and not sure what would be the last date I can post for it to get there by Monday the 4th?

This is really unfair on claimants as Xmas and New year is a nightmare for post. I think that an automatic extension of at least a week should have been given to allow for this.

I would expect the DWP mail handling sites to be open on any working day that is not a Bank Holiday.

The Bank Holidays are

Friday 25 December
Monday 28 December
Friday 1 January

Have you looked at Next Day delivery options, they will be more expensive but you will have extra time to complete the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.