× Members

IB to ESA Wrong Group

More
8 years 5 months ago #146227 by scorp
IB to ESA Wrong Group was created by scorp
Hi, This is all new to me so sorry in advance if Ive done something wrong!

I have been tranfered from IB to ESA WRAG after filling the forms in and having a medical.
I got the 15 points from activity 7, but no descriptors to be placed in the support group.
My condition is called Coogans Syndrome which has made me deaf but have had a cochlear implant fitted in one ear so can now hear again but nothing like a normal hearing person.
I feel I should be in the Support Group due to coogans syndrome effects my eyes as in they flair up and when this happens I cannot do much except take my steroid drops and wait for it to subside , this can take from 6 hrs to 48 hrs depending how bad it is.
The problem I see is there is nothing in the lcwra assessment paper to combat this.
I am going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration but am unsure if it is worth doing.
My eyes flair up maybe 4 - 5 times a week how do they think I can work when this happens, do you think I have a case?
My medical report states all this which I have received and also in the prognosis says - I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term and improvement is unlikely in the longer term.
Any advice would be gratefully received

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #146253 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic IB to ESA Wrong Group
I think it would be worthwhile appealing and emphasising the info you have supplied and the reason why you should be in the support group.
Be aware that the MR just rubber stamps the initial decision in the vast majority of cases so you should be prepared to take your appeal to the next level if you start the process.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146359 by scorp
Replied by scorp on topic IB to ESA Wrong Group
Thanks for the reply , I have sent off today for the mandatory reconsideration so will see what happens .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.