× Members

Atos calling Dr surgery

More
8 years 5 months ago #146304 by Leon64
Atos calling Dr surgery was created by Leon64
I didn't give my phone number on my pip form, I explained that due to my illnesses I was unable to speak to them. Has been about 4 weeks since I sent the full form in and I got a message from my Drs surgery saying someone from the DWP had been calling asking for my phone number - and would I ring them back! Googled the number and I think it is atos. I have a Drs letter confirming I shouldn't be asked to go for an assessment, any idea what they're playing at and how I should go about responding?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos calling Dr surgery

Leon64 wrote: I didn't give my phone number on my pip form, I explained that due to my illnesses I was unable to speak to them. Has been about 4 weeks since I sent the full form in and I got a message from my Drs surgery saying someone from the DWP had been calling asking for my phone number - and would I ring them back! Googled the number and I think it is atos. I have a Drs letter confirming I shouldn't be asked to go for an assessment, any idea what they're playing at and how I should go about responding?

Sorry no! If you can't ring yourself then can someone ring for you? If not, are you able to ring and explain that you cannot manage a conversation and that they need to write to you?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146306 by Leon64
Replied by Leon64 on topic Atos calling Dr surgery
Thanks for your reply, my gut reaction is to write to DWP so I think I'll go down that route, just wanted to see if anyone had any tips!

More
8 years 5 months ago #146351 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Atos calling Dr surgery
Personally I've never given my phone number to the DWP, never rung them, and have always written.

I'm astonished they asked your GP to give them your number, thank goodness the GP knew not to.

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon64

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146363 by Leon64
Replied by Leon64 on topic Atos calling Dr surgery

elaine wrote: Personally I've never given my phone number to the DWP, never rung them, and have always written.

I'm astonished they asked your GP to give them your number, thank goodness the GP knew not to.

All the best

Thanks Elaine that's encouraging :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon. Reason: fixed quote

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.