× Members

clarification please.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146383 by petrocelli
clarification please. was created by petrocelli
:woohoo:
Hi all

Just looking for clarification please……………………………recently started with a new support group for one of my conditions.

One minute I’m gonna grab the bull by the horns and the next I get cold feet re; applying for PIP, simply because the ESA procedure is all I can bear…………anyway, I digress. At The group I was told that, “you automatically receive ESA when your awarded PIP”.

Is this correct please?

Also, people are still, currently, referring to ATOS???????????????

Is it all through Maximus now or not?

Many thanks

P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic clarification please.
petrocelli

I'm afraid your friends at group are wrong, being in receipt of PIP most certainly does not automatically qualify a claimant for ESA, nor is the reverse true. For ESA there are some circumstances where a claimant should expect an award, receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy should result in an award, for PIP there is only Special Rules (terminal illness) but even then this will not always result in an award.

Assessments for ESA are now done by Maximus, aka HAAS or CHDA.

For PIP it is ATOS and Capita.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146388 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic clarification please.

Oh Gordon, where would we be without you.

Thank you so very much………………I was left doubting myself, but was pretty sure that there wasn’t an automatic link between the two benefits.

And brilliant, now I know why I’m sometimes reading Atos still, on some posts!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to ask, ESA reassessments……………..am I looking out for a brown or white envelope? No sign of Xmas Bonus yet either, despite previous posts from others’ on the subject!

Kind regards

P.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic clarification please.
petrocelli

I think the DWP use brown envelopes exclusively, I've heard that some of the assessment providers are using white ones for invitations to attend an assessment, but I can't confirm this and whether it is all three (1 x ESA and 2 x PIP) or just some.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146403 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic clarification please.
Capita use white envelopes.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146418 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic clarification please.

Thanks so very much.

I think my poor postie's getting a complex due to me trying to make sure that I'm poised ready to watch him from start to end of my street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.