× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 5 months ago #146405 by toriar
DLA to PIP was created by toriar
I've been receiving DLA for many years - around 15 - but because our household income is too much I don't actually get any money but they do pay my contributions which is obviously very useful for my pension when I get there in 7 years time. I need 2 more years of contributions before I get to the 35 years of contributions necessary for a full state pension - will someone in my position need to transfer to PIP or will they leave me on DLA for the 2 years and then just stop it? Or what will happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146406 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

Worriedsick wrote: I've been receiving DLA for many years - around 15 - but because our household income is too much I don't actually get any money but they do pay my contributions which is obviously very useful for my pension when I get there in 7 years time. I need 2 more years of contributions before I get to the 35 years of contributions necessary for a full state pension - will someone in my position need to transfer to PIP or will they leave me on DLA for the 2 years and then just stop it? Or what will happen?

I think you are confusing DLA and ESA, DLA is unaffected by household income and does not pay NI Credits.

Your DLA will be transferred to PIP as I am guessing you were under the age of 65 on 8 April 2013, invitations are being made at random and it will take at least three years to move everybody across.

On the assumption that you are receiving ESA, you will continue to receive NI Credits that count towards a full State Pension as long as you continue to meet the criteria for an award, you should expect to be re-assessed at some point, but I cannot predict whem, you can contact the DWP and they may be able to tell when this will happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146420 by toriar
Replied by toriar on topic DLA to PIP
Sorry - it's Incapacity Benefit I'm on not ESA or DLA.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146435 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

Worriedsick wrote: Sorry - it's Incapacity Benefit I'm on not ESA or DLA.

OK, the DWP are still moving IB claimants to ESA, the intention was always to leave those receiving NI Credits only until last and there was an expectation that those approaching retirement would be left on IB until they reach State Retirement Age.

You problem is that you may be too far away from retirement to avoid a transfer and if you are moved across then you will only retain your right to NI Credits if you qualify for an award of ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toriar

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.