× Members

ESA 50

More
8 years 4 months ago #146571 by Sweetney
ESA 50 was created by Sweetney
I was placed into the support group of ESA with a severe disability premium in July for an indefinite award but I just got an ESA50 form that is wanted back on January 15th. I know they can reassess me at any point but this seems too soon.

Also the form has the usual descriptors but I use an electric wheelchair and I can't see anywhere that I can tick to tell them this.

In the distance I can move safely and repeatedly on level ground without needing to stop what do I say?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146594 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA 50
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Although all ESA awards are in theory "Indefinite", with each award comes a recommended date before reassessment known as the prognosis of the award.

Legally, all awards can be reassessed after 3 months or more have elapsed since the date of your award, although your reassessment does seem rather early if you were only placed into The Support Group (SG) in July 2015.

SG prognoses are usually 2-3 years !

Maybe you could contact : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15. to see whether the ESA50 has been sent out in error.

If you have to use an electric wheelchair to move around through necessity rather than choice, and cannot walk aided or unaided nor self propel a manual wheelchair unaided for 50 metres or more , you should qualify for The SG under Activity 1. of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Descriptors

All this is explained in our ESA Claims Guides accessibly from the link below.

The question in the ESA50 that corresponds with Activity 1 as above is :

"1.Moving around and using steps"

You don't have to tick any of the boxes if they are not applicable to you personally, and that goes for any of the questions throughout the Questionnaire.

Simply write in the text box below that none of the tick box options are applicable then give details of the limitations that you suffer personally.

If you contact Maximus, and they still insist that you need to flll in and return the ESA50, I am afraid that you will have to.

You might want to consider : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (CHDA) (HAAS)

Please keep us updated by replying to this topic, which you might want to Bookmark/Favourite in your Browser.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153669 by Sweetney
Replied by Sweetney on topic ESA 50
I got my results through the post today, I sent in 57 pages just answering the questions. Then I had to send in a huge stack of papers as additional evidence.

With all the guides and advice on the forum I actually decided to let my partner deal with my form in totality instead of having my usual breakdown with anxiety. Once she had everything together and did the questions, I read it all and made some changes and then sent it in.

They took all this time to send it back and I'm delighted to say I got placed in the support group with all my previous money additions the same.
So for me it's no changes from before which is what I wanted. But you guys meant my partner could fill the form in better than I have ever done.

So a massive huge thank you to alll the mods and members that make B&W what it is xxxx

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153685 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA 50

Sweetney wrote: I got my results through the post today, I sent in 57 pages just answering the questions. Then I had to send in a huge stack of papers as additional evidence.

With all the guides and advice on the forum I actually decided to let my partner deal with my form in totality instead of having my usual breakdown with anxiety. Once she had everything together and did the questions, I read it all and made some changes and then sent it in.

They took all this time to send it back and I'm delighted to say I got placed in the support group with all my previous money additions the same.
So for me it's no changes from before which is what I wanted. But you guys meant my partner could fill the form in better than I have ever done.

So a massive huge thank you to alll the mods and members that make B&W what it is xxxx

Hi S,

That is really good news, congratulations !!! :cheer:

Now that you have your SG Decision notice letter, you may find : This Post helpful !!

Thanks for the positive feedback about all at B&W !!! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #153698 by Sweetney
Replied by Sweetney on topic ESA 50
Thank you for linking me to that post. Is it now a policy for the DWP to not send out the prognosis with award letters? Also if it is then why?

More
8 years 1 month ago #153734 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 50

Sweetney wrote: Thank you for linking me to that post. Is it now a policy for the DWP to not send out the prognosis with award letters? Also if it is then why?

The DWP have never sent the prognosis or re-assessment date with ESA Decision letters, some claimants have received an ESA72 which includes this information, but I am not even sure that this form is completed any more.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.