Pip assessment visit

• Cosy loft
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146582 by Cosy loft
Pip assessment visit was created by Cosy loft
This message contains confidential information

Hi
I was asked to go to Cardiff for assessment by capita about 18 miles away

I asked for home visit they agreed after two months and a second request to go to Cardiff

The assessor called he was not helpful at all he was stressed and asked me about medication I was taking Zap pain which as the box says is paracetamol and codeine he said it was not and asked me to get box I refused was not feeling to well I said dose was about 20 mg he said no only come in 8 mg the says 30 mg He then said I was not cooperating and was terminating the visit and left that was over a week ago had no communication with them since I have had open heart surgery in last few months aortic valve replacement with pace maker still get AF and leg pain

What do you think I should do

Member cosyloft
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146618 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment visit
Cosy loft

I have hidden any information that is not relevant to your post or is personal. The forum is open to the public to read and by including your name and email address you are opening yourself to cyber attack.

In regard your question.

First of all you should contact Capita to find out what is happening with your claim; you need to know whether a new assessment is required, they were able to produce an assessment report from the assessment you attended and has this been returned to the DWP, the assessment was curtailed and no report has been produced?

If a report has been produced and sent to the DWP, then you should contact them to find out whether it has been received and what is happening with it?

Once you have any idea of what is happening we can provide more advice if necessary.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #146640 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip assessment visit
Hi Cosy
Did you get to check your medication when you were feeling better?
If the assessor says you were uncooperative they can use that to cancel your claim.
If so you should be prepared to appeal and if you were right about your medication that would help your case.
Why could the assessor not go and get your medication to check for himself?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.