× Members

ESA- Unsuitable for calling to medical exam centre

More
8 years 4 months ago #146613 by bmeenan
Hi, I've just joined today and am already finding lots of useful info :)

My wife will be reapplying for ESA due to a change in circumstances (renal transplant) but still has numerous other health problems, together with existing transplant problems.

Her other conditions that fall within the scope of the list prepared for "being unsuitable for calling to a medical centre" include two headings within the "Reference to Medical Advisor required for advice", i.e. Respiratory failure and rheumatoid arthritis.

Does anyone have any experience about how having more than one condition affects the Medical Advisor's decision?

All comments greatly received - many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146625 by Gordon
BM1

Many claimants have multiple conditions, so it should not be a problem.

When completing the ESA50 form about how her conditions effect her, just explain how each condition effects her and if you cannot distinguish the condition, just explain this. It's the limitations that she will be assessed against, not the actual conditions.

If you have further questions, reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmeenan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.