× Members

DLA to PIP application, thank you B&W!

• Katy
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #149571 by Katy
Replied by Katy on topic DLA to PIP application, thank you B&W!
You're welcome and thank you again for the site and for all your hard work :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Katy
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #149572 by Katy
Thank you very much Mari :)

• Katy
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #149573 by Katy
Thank you Suzi. Very very best of luck with your application, the form filling and gathering of "evidence" etc. Just try to focus on the end result, and use every piece of information on this site. I had never thought of a long scrunchie on rope handles as an "Aid" to washing, or using a stool in the shower to sit, etc. These things all got me valuable points.

I have everything crossed for you!

Katy x

• Katy
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #149574 by Katy
Thanks so much Linz, so kind of you. I'm so glad that you managed to successfully re-apply for your hubby. I totally agree with you that we couldn't have done it without this site.

Very best of luck to you and your husband x

• Katy
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 weeks ago #152859 by Katy
Yesterday, 3 March 2016, I got a letter from the "Heath Assessment Advisory Service" saying that I have to fill in a "Capability for Work Questionnaire" from Job Centre Plus. It's basically the same whole rigmarole that I've JUST been through for my DLA to PIP!!, except it's for my ESA.

I felt beyond sick, can't stop crying, physically vomited when I read the letter (I have a vomiting phobia so am NEVER sick).

Do i really have to be tortured like this and be forced through this whole procedure again?! Can they not use all my DLA/PIP information/forms/ letter from consultant etc??

I don't know what to do as I CANNOT do this again, I've only just kind of recovered from the last one. It's so cruel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #152867 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP application, thank you B&W!
Katy

I am sorry about this but you need to complete the form if you want to retain your current ESA award.

ESA and PIP have different criteria although there are areas of overlap, but it is simply not possible for them to assess you in regard to ESA from your recent PIP claim. You should be able to use much, if not all of the evidence from your PIP claim and you may even be able to use your PIP award as evidence,

I know there is a deadline to return the form, but think about taking the weekend off and start it on Monday when you have had a chance to process it all.

We'll be here to answer your questions as best we can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.