× Members

AA

More
8 years 3 months ago #149556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AA
Jessica

If you have a look at the PIP link that I posted, there are template letters that you can use to request an MR, there are no functional differences between AA and PIP in making a request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149694 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic AA
Thank you Gordon. We are in Northern Ireland so do I compare it to DLA or do I compare the AA to the PIP?

Jessica
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149699 by
Replied by on topic AA

Jessica wrote: Thank you Gordon. We are in Northern Ireland so do I compare it to DLA or do I compare the AA to the PIP?

Jessica

Hi J,

I think Gordon is stating that there are no functional differences between the process of requesting an MR for PIP and requesting an MR for AA.

See also : Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

The qualifying criteria for AA is akin to the qualifying criteria for DLA Care Component, not PIP Daily Living Component :

DM Guide DLA & AA

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #149706 by Tigerlily11
Thank you Bro, you've been a great help.

In the MR should I refer to the areas I think they have overlooked and which is backed up by evidence from GP?

Jessica

8 years 3 months ago #149711 by
Replied by on topic AA

Jessica wrote: Thank you Bro, you've been a great help.

In the MR should I refer to the areas I think they have overlooked and which is backed up by evidence from GP?

Jessica

Hi J,

Yes, you can reiterate how and why they should qualify for an AA Award, whilst cross-referencing to any evidence which you have that indicates that they do !

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150840 by Tigerlily11
Hi

I have sent the MR letter last week and now have some more evidence to send. How do I ask for it to be put with the original letter? How should I word it? Getting brain freeze :unsure:

Thank you
Jessica

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.