× Members

ESA50 Form Sent - waiting period

More
8 years 4 months ago #148318 by caroline webb
ESA50 Form Sent - waiting period was created by caroline webb
Hello, I sent my ESA50 form in (due 4th January) sent it recorded and tracked and according to the tracking they received it on 30th December. I am a new claimant, how long should I wait as I have heard all sorts of stories. I am worried that if I do not receive the appointment letter (if I have to go) - due to it either not being sent or lost in the post, how will I know? Is there a time limit on their reply. Should I ring them?
Thanks for advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #148336 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form Sent - waiting period

caroline wrote: Hello, I sent my ESA50 form in (due 4th January) sent it recorded and tracked and according to the tracking they received it on 30th December. I am a new claimant, how long should I wait as I have heard all sorts of stories. I am worried that if I do not receive the appointment letter (if I have to go) - due to it either not being sent or lost in the post, how will I know? Is there a time limit on their reply. Should I ring them?
Thanks for advice

They won't confirm receipt of your ESA50 but you will most certainly have heard from them by no if your form was late or had not been received.

My impression is that the DWP are prioritising new claims over re-assessments so I would expect you to hear sooner rather than later about an assessment although I suspect they are still catching up from Christmas.

You can ring Maximus, the Assessment Provider, their contact information is on the following site.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160313 by caroline webb
Replied by caroline webb on topic ESA50 Form Sent - waiting period
Hello Gordon, just to keep you up to date I am still waiting and have telephoned them and basically there are no doctors to come out yet to me as my Doctors have indicated I need a home visit which is right. Now, coupled with that my husband who is on DLA high rate and middle rate care indefinite has received the brown envelope for PIP and to be honest we are in total dispair and don't know where to start on this. My illness has turned our lives upside down and no longer coping now with this it just is too much to bear. I may be asking lots of questions as we do have much evidence and simply dont know where to start, the car is his lifeline as he cannot walk.Thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago #160366 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form Sent - waiting period
caroline

Our PIP Claim guide explains the process in detail.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: caroline webb

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris