× Members

ESA and PIP medicals coming up soon.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148837 by sharona46
ESA and PIP medicals coming up soon. was created by sharona46
Hello everyone, I have just joined here and I only wish I had have known about this sooner as I bumbled my way through the ESA form rather too medicated to remember much about it and I don't have a copy. My CAB advisor sat with me and helped me to fill out the PIP form which I have a copy of so I have half of it right. My PIP medical is the 3rd Feb and ESA one is the day after so I will have to read and learn although since my fractured skull which was a year ago now I find it very difficult to take in information and recall it. May I ask if I need to do anything in particular to prepare for the inevitable looming upon me or do I just read and get prepared?
Sending you all loads of well wishes, Shazza :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #148855 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA and PIP medicals coming up soon.
Hi
I would advise you read through the claim guides in our members area and look at where you might score points. Obviously as you have the PIP form you can see your answers and maybe see where you might need to give more info or get more evidence.
Unfortunately you will have to guess whether you need more info on your ESA.
There is also some advice in the guides on what to expect at the medicals.
Do you have someone to accompany you to the medicals?

More
8 years 2 months ago #149960 by sharona46
Replied by sharona46 on topic ESA and PIP medicals coming up soon.
Hi foss27,

Sorry I have just seen your message. I did take my pip form with me, the examiner did say that I was being greedy with so many health issues!!.. At the end of the short medical (I was in a lot of pain) he stopped typing and said his computer had froze so he ended the medical. The ESA medical was yesterday and It almost seemed that she had so little information on my other health issues and she just kept on talking about the IBS and incontinence etc. I did update her on my new diagnosis of ptsd but she wasn't interested. I did tell her about the diagnosis of Lordosis at the age of 14 and how I have lived with agonizing back pain since the age of 18 but again wasn't interested. She did say she had a letter from my doctor so maybe it was all in there. It is very much like a guessing game which isn't fair. My son came with me to both medicals and his friend drove us there and back for the ESA medical but I drove to the pip as it was 5 mins from my house. I am going to fight it all the way though if they fail me. :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.