× Members

PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago #148903 by Helenbella
PIP was created by Helenbella
Newbie to benefits at all for many years, I'm more than happy that been awarded basic rate PIP 55.10. My husband only works part time so we've banged in for carers allowance. This site was very, very helpful filling in forms and advice on medical etc. I've recommended you to several people.
But. My friend (another casualty of working for the NHS) is saying I should appeal for higher rate and mobility. It's true that I could argue some parts where they've ignored what was said and given no points (eg managing treatment. We clearly said my OH sorts my meds into dosette box and helps with my cpap) but I've been awarded til 2022 and worried if I appeal, I might lose what I've got or they might make it for a shorter time?
Any comments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #148931 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

Bella wrote: Newbie to benefits at all for many years, I'm more than happy that been awarded basic rate PIP 55.10. My husband only works part time so we've banged in for carers allowance. This site was very, very helpful filling in forms and advice on medical etc. I've recommended you to several people.
But. My friend (another casualty of working for the NHS) is saying I should appeal for higher rate and mobility. It's true that I could argue some parts where they've ignored what was said and given no points (eg managing treatment. We clearly said my OH sorts my meds into dosette box and helps with my cpap) but I've been awarded til 2022 and worried if I appeal, I might lose what I've got or they might make it for a shorter time?
Any comments?

It's a decision that only you can make.

If you scored 11 points for Daily Living and can see one or more extra points then it might be something to consider but if you only scored 8 point and can only see a couple of extra points or just the four needed, then you might be more reticent.

As to the Mobility, can you realistically see 8 points or more?

Whilst it does not happen often an MR can result in a reduced or removed award and you must consider this in your decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149349 by Helenbella
Replied by Helenbella on topic PIP
Thanx Gordon. I scored 8. But did get the award till 2022. I will save myself the stress and just be happy (actually, I was ecstatic) that I got something x

More
8 years 2 months ago #149395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

Bella wrote: Thanx Gordon. I scored 8. But did get the award till 2022. I will save myself the stress and just be happy (actually, I was ecstatic) that I got something x

It's a bit like "buyers remorse", could I have got more? I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the award you have got :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.