× Members

please clarify the address

• Sindy
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149105 by Sindy
please clarify the address was created by Sindy
Hi I'm am confused

As 2 cancelled ATOS appointments, later I called the DWP .I was given yet another address to send in details .I am unsure if the information is correct information. It seems a very odd address . Is their a central address , I asked for the claim to be made on papers.

Please could you also clarify Data retention policy sates 14 months, however where the details of a disability goes back over this period , it seems odd that the DWP do not hold the information, as Paradoxically in some tribunal cases details go back to 1979. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/media/kunena/emoticons/ermm.png

I am having problems understanding either they have the information or they do not.
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149112 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic please clarify the address
Hi Sindy,
If you want to tell DWP about your cancelled assessments we advise that you send this to the DWP office dealing with your claim. Is this different from what you were told?

I'm afraid we cannot clarify DWP's data retention policy. We have members who have been told that things are destroyed after 14 months and others who have found things retained much longer than this. In any event, we always recommend that you submit anything you want taken into account, don't rely on DWP to refer to it!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sindy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149933 by Sindy
Replied by Sindy on topic please clarify the address
Hi
The address is very different , so rung them and told yet another address. The policy under data protection states 14 months but then the DWP actually ask if you want information transferred from DLA to pip. Surely as disablement is a disability over 12 months or a long period , the constructive knowledge that the DWP have for long term disability may actually be destroyed.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149962 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic please clarify the address

Sindy wrote: Hi
The address is very different , so rung them and told yet another address. The policy under data protection states 14 months but then the DWP actually ask if you want information transferred from DLA to pip. Surely as disablement is a disability over 12 months or a long period , the constructive knowledge that the DWP have for long term disability may actually be destroyed.

Hi S,

You can request your personal information from DWP using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your Benefit.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

Many, many of our members have successfully obtained personal information/documentation from DWP by following the advice above.

See also : The Information Commissioners Office.

As advised, we were made aware in : This DWP Response to an FOI Regarding Document Retentions , that DWP do have a policy of destroying some documents after 14 months.

However, as previously advised, we are aware that members have obtained documents from many years ago.

The only way to find our what information the DWP holds on you is to make the request. (SAR)

If you are not happy with what you receive back, you could complain to The DWP and/or The ICO.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.