× Members

dwp letter

More
8 years 3 months ago #149562 by stephen
dwp letter was created by stephen
i have had a letter from dwp i am in a support group and i need to have a benefit review i do not know why has any one else had this
it is very scary help
sinbad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149564 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dwp letter
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Have a look at the following FAQ that explains your options.

Interviews at JC+ when in Support Group

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: stephen

More
8 years 2 months ago #151542 by macky
Replied by macky on topic dwp letter
Hi Stephen, my son has had one of these letters too.He has an inteview next week, he is also in the support group due to his illnesses. He too is worried sick i rang the job centre for him on his behalf but the person i spoke to wasnt very helpful at all and quiet rude to me, i only wanted to enquire what it was for to stop him worrying. Have you had your review yet?
If so maybe you could help me, im sure you would be more helpful than the man on the phone was to me. Thankyou

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151568 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dwp letter

macky wrote: Hi Stephen, my son has had one of these letters too.He has an inteview next week, he is also in the support group due to his illnesses. He too is worried sick i rang the job centre for him on his behalf but the person i spoke to wasnt very helpful at all and quiet rude to me, i only wanted to enquire what it was for to stop him worrying. Have you had your review yet?
If so maybe you could help me, im sure you would be more helpful than the man on the phone was to me. Thankyou

Hi m,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Stephen is most welcome to respond, but they may not see your query as this is not really a chat forum, and all but a few "regulars" only come here to ask questions when they have a problem.

If I ever ring up DWP and get connected to a "numpty" who is rude or uncooperative , I ring back and continue to do so until I get through to someone who can help.

Failing that, you could ring up and request a call back from a Manager/ Supervisor !!

Another member received a similar letter a couple of days ago : Here

You are entitled to know what the interview is about, and whether compliance with it is Mandatory or Voluntary !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151634 by macky
Replied by macky on topic dwp letter
Hi bro58,
Thank you for your responce. The person i spoke to at the job centre did say it was mandatory and he has to attend. I an unsure as if i should ring the job centre again as i dont want them to think we are guilty of something, being as we want to know what this interview is about. My son is on pip, and in the support group for esa. He has brain damage due to illness and so i have to attend with him as he is unable to talk or walk properly or understand. I am angry that he has been called in like this when hes done nothing wrong it doesnt say compliance on the letter, but i am quiet sure this could be a fraud investigation from some hatefull person out there who has got nothing better to do than begrudge sick innocent people and cause so much stress in his life. What else could it be if its not a fraud investigation?

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151648 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dwp letter

macky wrote: Hi bro58,
Thank you for your responce. The person i spoke to at the job centre did say it was mandatory and he has to attend. I an unsure as if i should ring the job centre again as i dont want them to think we are guilty of something, being as we want to know what this interview is about. My son is on pip, and in the support group for esa. He has brain damage due to illness and so i have to attend with him as he is unable to talk or walk properly or understand. I am angry that he has been called in like this when hes done nothing wrong it doesnt say compliance on the letter, but i am quiet sure this could be a fraud investigation from some hatefull person out there who has got nothing better to do than begrudge sick innocent people and cause so much stress in his life. What else could it be if its not a fraud investigation?

Hi m,

You are entitled to know what the interview is pertaining to !

Are they aware that your Son suffers such limitations ?

You could make them aware, and insist that they carry the interview out in his Home !!

Are you his official Appointee ? : Becoming an Appointee for someone claiming benefits.

A lot of our members where receiving letters for such Interviews last year, and 3 or 4 have posted that they have received letters for such interviews in the last week or so !!

You could ring back and ask for a call back from a Supervisor, and you could then inform them of your Son's limitations and the restrictions these would cause in him travelling to the interview.

Ask the Supervisor to confirm that it is Mandatory verbally and by letter.

If they are still uncooperative, threaten to complain to your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

It could be an interview as a result of a malicious allegation or more likely it is just another "routine" random "fishing" exercise.

Don't be afraid of assertively standing up to these "people", they get away with far too much because claimants are in fear of them, ill informed or too ill to challenge them !!

Hope this helps !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.