× Members

ESA Assessment Cancelled

More
8 years 3 months ago #149705 by looneytunes2001
ESA Assessment Cancelled was created by looneytunes2001
I just had a phone call from the assessment centre informing me that my assessment at 9am tomorrow has been cancelled.
The reason given, was that I have to be seen by a doctor. I didnt realise that doctors undertook these assessments, so I am a little bit suspicious! And with all the current in depth information I supplied from consultants and a detailed ESA50, I am a little miffed I have to attend one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149710 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment Cancelled

looneytunes2001 wrote: I just had a phone call from the assessment centre informing me that my assessment at 9am tomorrow has been cancelled.
The reason given, was that I have to be seen by a doctor. I didnt realise that doctors undertook these assessments, so I am a little bit suspicious! And with all the current in depth information I supplied from consultants and a detailed ESA50, I am a little miffed I have to attend one!

Doctors are supposed to be used for claimants with particular conditions, however this is not a legal requirement and is often ignored, the fact that your assessment has been deferred to allow this to happen means that your conditions are seen as serious which is usually a positive thing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dribble, looneytunes2001

More
8 years 1 month ago #154206 by looneytunes2001
Replied by looneytunes2001 on topic ESA Assessment Query
Hello again.

After many phone calls and emails, I have received my new assessment date for ESA which is next Tuesaday.

My Fit Note is due to run out around the 8th April, would I need to get this renewed if a decision has not beem made by this date? Reason being doctors appointments are a 3 week wait in my area, and I would need to book the doctors appoinment now.

Many thanks

More
8 years 1 month ago #154211 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment Query

looneytunes2001 wrote: Hello again.

After many phone calls and emails, I have received my new assessment date for ESA which is next Tuesaday.

My Fit Note is due to run out around the 8th April, would I need to get this renewed if a decision has not beem made by this date? Reason being doctors appointments are a 3 week wait in my area, and I would need to book the doctors appoinment now.

Many thanks

I would make an appointment with your GP for a new Fit Note, you can always cancel it if it is not needed. Payment of your ESA while you wait for a Decision is dependant on your having an active Fit Note on file.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: looneytunes2001

More
8 years 1 month ago #154557 by looneytunes2001
Replied by looneytunes2001 on topic ESA Assessment
Just an update on my assessment today.

I have never claimed ESA before so was very nervous.

Was seen exactly on time.

My assessment lasted aprox 15 minutes.

First I was asked about my health problems and then medication.

I was asked how many minutes I could walk, I replied aprox 2 minutes but not without disomfort or pain.
I was asked if I had worked in the last 5 years, I replied I was actually still employed and waiting for an ill health assessment.
I was asked if I use a shower or bath, replied shower but hubby has to help.
I was asked who did tge housework, replied hubby does all.
I was asked if I had dogs, replied yes, asked if I walked them, replied not anymore as my husband has to do it.
I was asked if I watch TV, replied yes but have to pause programmes so I can get up and move.

I was seen by a doctor, who told me at the end he found me unfit for work, but when pushed would not elaborate on what group. Must admit, I was not expecting him to make any comments about being fit or unfit for work!

I was asked if I use a mobike phone, replied yes but only the odd text and not calls.
I was asked if I use a computer, replied not a computer but occasionally use a ipad,

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154558 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Assessment

looneytunes2001 wrote: Just an update on my assessment today.

I have never claimed ESA before so was very nervous.

Was seen exactly on time.

My assessment lasted aprox 15 minutes.

First I was asked about my health problems and then medication.

I was asked how many minutes I could walk, I replied aprox 2 minutes but not without disomfort or pain.
I was asked if I had worked in the last 5 years, I replied I was actually still employed and waiting for an ill health assessment.
I was asked if I use a shower or bath, replied shower but hubby has to help.
I was asked who did tge housework, replied hubby does all.
I was asked if I had dogs, replied yes, asked if I walked them, replied not anymore as my husband has to do it.
I was asked if I watch TV, replied yes but have to pause programmes so I can get up and move.

I was seen by a doctor, who told me at the end he found me unfit for work, but when pushed would not elaborate on what group. Must admit, I was not expecting him to make any comments about being fit or unfit for work!

I was asked if I use a mobike phone, replied yes but only the odd text and not calls.
I was asked if I use a computer, replied not a computer but occasionally use a ipad,

Hi lt2001,

The Maximus Assessor (Doctor) cannot tell you the result of your ESA WCA.

They only make recommendations within the ESA85 Medical Report which they compile and send electronically to The DWP ESA DM who then makes the final decision.

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update : THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

It may take longer that expected as the ESA assessment/reassessment process seems to be slowing down again already !!

Fingers crossed !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.