× Members

Benefits assessment interview

• daffyju
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149723 by daffyju
Benefits assessment interview was created by daffyju
I have been invited to a benefits assessment interview tomorrow at the local job centre. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I receive the low rate of DLA care and the high rate of DLA mobility.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149735 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Benefits assessment interview
Hi daffyju and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid this sounds rather puzzling. Are you also in receipt of ESA? Failing that, are you in the process of applying for PIP rather than DLA?

I'm afraid I can think of no other reason for the local JobCentre+ to be involved!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta. Reason: link added

• daffyju
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149809 by daffyju
Replied by daffyju on topic Benefits assessment interview
Hi, thank you for the welcome. I had a work capability assessment for ESA I made the application last spring. I was receiving £73.10 per week until I moved in with my partner in July 14 and then I stopped receiving payments.

The assessment this morning lasted for 40 mins whereby the assessor told me I did not need to answer anymore questions and could go after she made a call to her manager, this she did and then let me leave after taking copies of my consultant and GP letters.

I'm not sure if I will receive any money or not, just a bit confused!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149812 by
Replied by on topic Benefits assessment interview

daffyju wrote: Hi, thank you for the welcome. I had a work capability assessment for ESA I made the application last spring. I was receiving £73.10 per week until I moved in with my partner in July 14 and then I stopped receiving payments.

The assessment this morning lasted for 40 mins whereby the assessor told me I did not need to answer anymore questions and could go after she made a call to her manager, this she did and then let me leave after taking copies of my consultant and GP letters.

Hi dj,

I am rather confused regarding this statement :

" I was receiving £73.10 per week until I moved in with my partner in July 14 and then I stopped receiving payments. "

As you do not give any information with regards to why your ESA payments stopped !

ESA Assessors sometimes finish a face to face when they feel that they have enough information to make recommendations within The ESA85 Medical Report that they compile at the assessment on which ESA "Group" you should be placed into. (WRAG or Support Group. (SG) )

They will send The ESA85 to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM) who will make the final decision and inform you in writing.

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

You will continue to receive your Assessment Rate ESA until a decision is made.

If you are placed into The WRAG or The SG, the extra WRAG or SG Component Addition Payment will be backdated to the start of week 14 of your claim.

If you happen to receive a "fit for work" decision, please let us know by replying to this topic and we will offer further advice.

Please keep us updated.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Good luck ! :)

bro58

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149816 by
Replied by on topic Benefits assessment interview

bro58 wrote:

daffyju wrote: Hi, thank you for the welcome. I had a work capability assessment for ESA I made the application last spring. I was receiving £73.10 per week until I moved in with my partner in July 14 and then I stopped receiving payments.

Hi dj,

I am rather confused regarding this statement :

" I was receiving £73.10 per week until I moved in with my partner in July 14 and then I stopped receiving payments. "

As you do not give any information with regards to why your ESA payments stopped !

ESA Assessors sometimes finish a face to face when they feel that they have enough information to make recommendations within The ESA85 Medical Report that they compile at the assessment on which ESA "Group" you should be placed into. (WRAG or Support Group. (SG) )

They will send The ESA85 to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM) who will make the final decision and inform you in writing.

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

You will continue to receive your Assessment Rate ESA until a decision is made.

If you are placed into The WRAG or The SG, the extra WRAG or SG Component Addition Payment will be backdated to the start of week 14 of your claim.

If you happen to receive a "fit for work" decision, please let us know by replying to this topic and we will offer further advice.

Please keep us updated.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Good luck ! :)

bro58

Hi dj,

Your posts are really confusing us !!

Was your "assessment this morning" an ESA Work Capability Assessment (WCA) carried out by : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

If so my information in the above post is applicable.

However, it is possible that you may still have to go through an ESA WCA, even if you are not receiving any payments due to lack of entitlement to payment.

If it was an Interview with The DWP to discuss a Change of Circumstances with regards to your personal and financial situations and you moving in with your partner, that is a different matter.

bro58

• daffyju
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149878 by daffyju
Replied by daffyju on topic Benefits assessment interview
Dear all, I'm so sorry for the confusion. I had a letter from the CHDA which said they had been asked by the DWP to carry out an assessment in relation to my benefit claim, at the Redruth assessment centre.
I claimed ESA last year and received payment until 4 July 14 , I was never put into a group. They stopped my payments saying that I hadn't paid enough national insurance contributions for the year 5 April 13 to 5 April 14.
In the meantime I moved in with my partner (July 2015). I informed ESA and they sent me a claim form which I completed and sent back.

I worked for 8 months on and off for the tax year 2014 to 2015 will they look at my contributions for that year?

Thanks for your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.