× Members

Awarded ESA Wrag again - can I appeal for support?

More
8 years 2 months ago #149815 by bicstar
I was awarded ESA and put in the WRAG group about a year ago. This was fine as the Jobcentre did not bother me, maybe a 2 minute phone call every 4-5 months. I dont think I spoke to my advisor for more than 10 minutes.
Had another ESA50 form to fill in which I did, then got a letter saying I had an appointment at the Job centre with my advisor, was unsure if this meant I'd gotten ESA again without having to go to a medical. Then day before my appointment I got a letter from DWP saying due to a change in my circumstances, I'd been moved from support group to WRAG - questioned this at the jobcentre when I had my appointment, woman I saw thought I had been to a medical and said the bit in the letter about support to wrag was a computer error but, the letter was basically to tell me I'd get ESA for another year - and wont have to go to a medical, great. (well it isn't because im getting bothered a lot by the work programme already and finding it all too much. Am wondering if I can appeal the wrag placement to argue I need to be in support group? Or if because I was in the wrag before, I cant appeal it this time based on my new ESA50 form and no medical? Had someone told me I could, then someone else tell me I couldnt as the decision to put me in wrag was made over a year ago and im just so confused and its all too much for me to deal with :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149821 by foss27
Hi
You have 28 days to appeal the decision each time you make a claim.
You need to read the letter again to check it is a decision.
You should read the guide to appeals in the members area.
If in doubt ring the DWP and ask what is happening with your reassessment. You can ask for a copy of the decision and state you wish to appeal although you should put the appeak in writing as well.
You should read the guide to claiming to see if you put enough on the form and sent enough evidence and get more evidence if required for your appeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.