× Members

PIP Appeal Hearing & ESA reassessment both in Feb

More
7 years 10 months ago #161689 by slugsta
I'm sorry to hear this, SOR's from appeals take a while at the best of time's! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163615 by ivyfox
Just to inform you that the Statement of Reasons has finally arrived, to give readers an idea of how long it may take.

If the DWP requested it within 4 weeks of the Tribunal, then it has taken approx 4 months to be prepared.

I was lucky to have the assistance of a local 'Floating Support' organisation who telephoned the DWP and HMCTS on my behalf to try to move this along.

Back to the waiting game, to see if the DWP wish to make an application to the Upper Tribunal or, ideally, start making payment to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
7 years 8 months ago #167906 by ivyfox
Finally...
The DWP decided not to appeal against the Tribunal decision in my favour - letter received about 2 weeks ago.

They can move swiftly when they want to: last week they rang to check all my personal details including bank account were unchanged, the following day a text to say a payment would be made within 2 weeks, then this week a letter setting out the PIP award in full, stating backpayment and future monthly payments to be made.

Today, 15 months since I first applied for PIP, I received some money.

It has been a long and highly stressful process, but with the help and support of B&W, local Floating Support workers and my friends, it feels a true achievement.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167920 by Gordon
ivyfox

Really pleased to hear this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
7 years 8 months ago #167930 by slugsta
That's very good news Ivy, thanks for letting us know :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris