× Members

PIP Anyone get through without f2f assesment/

More
8 years 3 months ago #149917 by Sheena
Is it possible to get through PIP without a face to face assessment? Has anyone managed it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149920 by Gordon

Sheena wrote: Is it possible to get through PIP without a face to face assessment? Has anyone managed it?

Welcome to the forum.

It is certainly possible and we do have members of B&W who have done so, but I would not suggest that it is easy and it will depend to a very considerable extent on the conditions that you have and how well you explain the limitations that result on the PIP2 for.#

A good place to start is by having a read of the PIP Claim guide on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150459 by Leofwen
Replied by Leofwen on topic PIP Anyone get through without f2f assesment/
Interestingly I have not had a f2 f . I was on higher rates DLA as have spinal cord tumour. Was given 0 points and after MR a upped to 6. I am now awaiting appeal date. The Assessor considered that a paper assessment was adequate! There are extremely experienced spinal neurosurgeons who would not comment on my condition without assessment.

I have raised the issue of paper based decision making in my appeal . I was never phoned once during any of the process which has taken 14 months so far. It is difficult for dwp to justify not seeing me and then scoring 0 points.

I think it may be easier to appeal on the basis that no one assessed me and that as a result total failure to understand my condition.

It's a joke really, but you have to keep going if you believe you are right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheena

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.