× Members

New esa 50 recieved ,last one was indefinate?why

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150000 by yalilassy1
Hello its been sometime since using the forum ,really confused I've received today an esa50 ,but my initial claim from incapacity benefit toe esa using your guides without medical was given indefinite decision,and indefinite for D L A also.Called to speak with an advisor who stated,we don't give indefinite.So why was it written on my last decision letter,so very stressed now ,I have fibromyalgia,spinal arthritis,cervical why spondylosis,and depression and anxiety disorder.only just had facet injections yesterday 6 into my lower spine to try and help with my pains..My health has deteriorated since my original claim but I didn't call because I was so scared incase I lost my claim,so just continued on.please let me know if anyone else has same question.Thank you for all your help.Xx
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150016 by

yalilassy wrote: Hello its been sometime since using the forum ,really confused I've received today an esa50 ,but my initial claim from incapacity benefit toe esa using your guides without medical was given indefinite decision,and indefinite for D L A also.Called to speak with an advisor who stated,we don't give indefinite.So why was it written on my last decision letter,so very stressed now ,I have fibromyalgia,spinal arthritis,cervical why spondylosis,and depression and anxiety disorder.only just had facet injections yesterday 6 into my lower spine to try and help with my pains..My health has deteriorated since my original claim but I didn't call because I was so scared incase I lost my claim,so just continued on.please let me know if anyone else has same question.Thank you for all your help.Xx

Hi y,

Yes they have !

See ; This Topic

Re-assessments for current ESA recipients had been getting deferred to a later date since January 2014 due to the backlog.

However, ESA Re-assessments resumed at the beginning of December 2015, and since that time we have seen an increase in the number of members reporting that they had received an ESA50 to initiate tha Re-assessment of their current ESA Awards !

Regarding DLA to PIP Transfers :

Irrespective of whether your existing DLA award is a "Life" or Indefinite Award, if you were below the age of 65 on 08/04/13, you will be "Invited" to transfer over to PIP over the coming 2-3 year period.

See : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

See also :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150017 by Gordon

yalilassy wrote: Hello its been sometime since using the forum ,really confused I've received today an esa50 ,but my initial claim from incapacity benefit toe esa using your guides without medical was given indefinite decision,and indefinite for D L A also.Called to speak with an advisor who stated,we don't give indefinite.So why was it written on my last decision letter,so very stressed now ,I have fibromyalgia,spinal arthritis,cervical why spondylosis,and depression and anxiety disorder.only just had facet injections yesterday 6 into my lower spine to try and help with my pains..My health has deteriorated since my original claim but I didn't call because I was so scared incase I lost my claim,so just continued on.please let me know if anyone else has same question.Thank you for all your help.Xx

Although ESA is an indefinite award all claimants should expect to be re reassessed regularly, the maximum period between assessments under normal circumstances is two years for the WRAG and three years for the Support Group.

You should treat this as if it is a new claim for ESA and complete the ESA50 in detail and supply whatever evidence that is relevant to your claim, even if you have used it before. Make sure that you use the latest ESA Claim guides at the top of this link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrissy v

More
8 years 3 months ago #150063 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic New esa 50 recieved ,last one was indefinate?why
Hi Gordon, it has been a long time since I last posted, I have for one reason or another had a bad time with bereavements , but just a quick question my ESA WRAG 2 years is up on 28th July 2016, I live in Leics how long in advance do they send out another ESA 50, I am 63 this October and I know they won't leave me alone. Also I have only had 1 WFI and that was last September expecting another one possibly in March. But at least I am now having to go to a mental health unit every 3 months.
Regards
Chrissy V

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150074 by

chrissy v wrote: Hi Gordon, it has been a long time since I last posted, I have for one reason or another had a bad time with bereavements , but just a quick question my ESA WRAG 2 years is up on 28th July 2016, I live in Leics how long in advance do they send out another ESA 50, I am 63 this October and I know they won't leave me alone. Also I have only had 1 WFI and that was last September expecting another one possibly in March. But at least I am now having to go to a mental health unit every 3 months.
Regards
Chrissy V

Hi cv,

I hope all is as well as it can be ! :)

Normally, ESA50's are sent out a month or so before the recommended date for your re-assessment.

So you are looking at receiving one any time after the end of May 2016.

It may be worthwhile starting to gather your evidence over the coming weeks.

You could even make a start by : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #150137 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic New esa 50 recieved ,last one was indefinate?why
Thank you Bro58, how time flies it's been a long 4 years since I first posted on here.
Thanks for the reply, looks like I will have to start the merry go round again then soon, so I best be prepared, and get filling in the PDF version. Many thanks for the links.

CV
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris