× Members

Removing disability cars

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150003 by Barbara Bothered
Removing disability cars was created by Barbara Bothered
My 75 yr old dad is beside himself with fear he is about to lose his disability car! Loads already have! He lives in middle of no where and can hardly walk, lives alone, he needs that car!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #150013 by
Replied by on topic Removing disability cars

Shitmagnet55 wrote: My 75 yr old dad is beside himself with fear he is about to lose his disability car! Loads already have! He lives in middle of no where and can hardly walk, lives alone, he needs that car!

Hi sm55,

Yes, the possibility of claimants losing their Motability Lease vehicles due to not being given an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award is of great concern to many !!! :(

As seen in : This Topic

Do you have a particular query regarding this issue ? :)

bro58

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #150135 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Removing disability cars
He should be OK as he will be left on DLA and not invited to claim PIP due to his age.
Is his DLA indefinite award? If so he is. Fine, otherwise he will have to reapply when his awrd runs out.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150138 by
Replied by on topic Removing disability cars
Hi sm55,

Yes, if he was 65 or over on 08/04/13, and in receipt of a DLA Award, including Higher Rate Mobility Component , he will not be invited to transfer to PIP as clarified from the link that I provided in my previous post.

If he were to lose his DLA Mobility Award now, or in the future due to a review as a result of a fixed term DLA award coming to and end or due to being reviewed under The Right Payment Programme, if he has an Indefinite or Life DLA award, he would not be able to re-apply for DLA Mobility or PIP Mobility.

Once one is over the age of 65, if they lose their existing DLA or PIP Awards, their only other option is to apply for Attendance Allowance (AA) which does not have a Mobility Component.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #150143 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Removing disability cars
I found this site earlier.

Anyone on here who has had their car taken, maybe, just maybe it will end up here.

www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/buy/Usefu...-auction/Motability/
The following user(s) said Thank You: , chrissy v

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris