× Members

pip no mental health team

More
8 years 2 months ago #150006 by gazzmg
pip no mental health team was created by gazzmg
hello all

has anyone got pip for mental health without having a community mental health team
i have had a phone call from my cmht and they are thinking of discharging me back to the gp
my mental health has been symptomatic but because i dont keep appointments with them they say i need to see them every 6 months

also not being under a cmht would it be problematic for pip and esa

any thoughts would be great

gaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150024 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic pip no mental health team
Hi Gazz

You don't make it clear whether you are being discharged by your CMHT because you are not seeing them frequently enough?

Obviously it will affect any application for benefit if you are not seeing anyone on a regular basis - you need back up from them to support your claim.

Being realistic, perhaps you ought to try and build up a 'record' of attendance with your Health team. In that way they can offer supportive evidence of your mental health issues when you do apply - for either ESA or PIP. Perhaps if you wait to apply until you have been seeing them on a regular basis for a while you will have more chance of success.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150038 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic pip no mental health team
I got ESA due to mental health and a friend of mine was awarded enchanced care for pip and neither of us under mental health team only see GP.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150040 by gazzmg
Replied by gazzmg on topic pip no mental health team
thanks for that

i was just wondering whether you could get it if you werent under cmht

regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.