× Members

hip repacements

More
8 years 3 months ago #150174 by annedw
hip repacements was created by annedw
Hi I have just started the process of going from DLA to PIP .I only had back problems when I first applied for DLA in 2001.I have had both hips replaced in the last 3 yrs one has left me with pain nerve damage and numbness in my leg do you think having had hip replacements would go against me because they would look at it as a cure. I just don't want to put anything on the form that they would use against me .Obviously I would not lie or omit the truth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #150187 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic hip repacements
Hi
I think the hip replacements would only count as a cure if you were fit and no longer in any pain or discomfort.
Since this is not the case I don't think it can count against you.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150203 by ooohiduno
Replied by ooohiduno on topic hip repacements
Hello.
Can you get a consultant or doctor letter saying you have had hips replaced and now have pain and numbness as a result ot it. My recent experience of pip and tribunal is they wont believe you unless you have specific letters for your various health problems.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150205 by joydivision
Replied by joydivision on topic hip repacements
Hi I have just transferred to PIP from DLA and had dislocated my hip,had operation plus with my other MS related problems,I was awarded higher rate for mobility and daily living without attending an assessment.Good Luck with your application.
The following user(s) said Thank You: annedw

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #150209 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic hip repacements
Hi
Some evidence would be good but make sure you relate your hip to activities and how it affects you in carrying them out.
Then make sure the evidence supports this.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150244 by annedw
Replied by annedw on topic hip repacements
Thankyou for your replies,I have a letter from my consultant that describes the problems I have with my first hip replacement. I am going for my 12 month checkup for my second this week to see the joint nurse and will ask if she can do a letter for me fingers crossed. My sister has just been turned down for the Mobility part of PIP.The reason they said was she could plan a journey I am a bit confused and worried about this . How can planing a journey mean you can make that journey .Anyone else come accross this ? that can clarify please .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.