× Members

PIP Appeal -Judges power on period of award

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150291 by Royalty
My PIP claim will be reviewed in 3 years time, my condition is progressive and I believe I will need disability support for more than 3 years.

I am appealing my PIP as I believe I was not given adequate points.

1.Does the judge have authority to increase the years For my PIP review voluntarily without me challenging this issue on my appeal application?

2. Also is this something I can raise on the day of my Appeal if I have not raised this in my application?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150302 by bro58

Royalty wrote: My PIP claim will be reviewed in 3 years time, my condition is progressive and I believe I will need disability support for more than 3 years.

I am appealing my PIP as I believe I was not given adequate points.

1.Does the judge have authority to increase the years For my PIP review voluntarily without me challenging this issue on my appeal application?

2. Also is this something I can raise on the day of my Appeal if I have not raised this in my application?

Hi R,

I was just reviewing your previous posts : Here.

As the length of a PIP Award legally forms part of The PIP Award, yes you can challenge the length of the award as well.

1. They may do, but is it not likely unless you bring their attention to it.

2. Ideally, if you wish to challenge the length of the award you should do so at least 7-10 days before the hearing, although you could give the Clerk a single A4 page on the day laying out your challenge and why you wish to challenge it.

Even if The Tribunal Panel did increase the length of the award, and remember nearly all current fixed term PIP awards are being reviewed 12 months before the end date of the fixed term award, this does not mean that The DWP could not review your PIP award whenever they saw fit.

An existing PIP Award can be reviewed at any time, for any reason,

As confirmed in The PIP Regulations 2013. (Regulation 11.)

"Re-determination of ability to carry out activities

11. Where it has been determined that C has limited ability or severely limited ability to carry out either or both daily living activities or mobility activities, the Secretary of State may, for any reason and at any time, determine afresh in accordance with regulation 4 whether C continues to have such limited ability or severely limited ability."

From : www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/377/regulation/11/made

[C = Claimant]

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151005 by Royalty
Replied by Royalty on topic PIP Appeal -Judges power on period of award
This will sound silly. However, I m glad I've seen this
Error before my appeal date. I just discovered that I misinterpreted some of my point scoring Which means I now believe I am entitled to more scores in an activity I overlooked. Is it acceptable to present updated grounds of appeal to the Clerk on the day of the appeal ?

Mod Bro - I know in your previous response you suggested it is possible to the other query I had. So can you please confirm whether it applies to this new query ?...panicking
Thanks

• Royalty
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151007 by Royalty
Replied by Royalty on topic PIP Appeal -Judges power on period of award
Also, what if I never acknowledged the relevance of an activity in my in my initial application but I would now like to present it to DWP/Tribunal?

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151022 by bro58

Royalty wrote: This will sound silly. However, I m glad I've seen this
Error before my appeal date. I just discovered that I misinterpreted some of my point scoring Which means I now believe I am entitled to more scores in an activity I overlooked. Is it acceptable to present updated grounds of appeal to the Clerk on the day of the appeal ?

Mod Bro - I know in your previous response you suggested it is possible to the other query I had. So can you please confirm whether it applies to this new query ?...panicking
Thanks

Hi R,

You can send any fresh evidence to The Tribunal up until 7-10 days before the hearing date.

If you want to present further fresh evidence on the day, you should try to limit it to 1-2 A4 pages !!

Make 5 photocopies of the 1-2 A4 pages, hand 4 copies to The Clerk when you arrive and keep the other yourself for reference.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151023 by bro58

Royalty wrote: Also, what if I never acknowledged the relevance of an activity in my in my initial application but I would now like to present it to DWP/Tribunal?

Hi R,

If this is something that you haven't raised before, you can still do so with a brief explanation of why you have failed to mention it previously !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.