× Members

Pip to AA

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150292 by Bob
Pip to AA was created by Bob
Am I right in saying that if you are going from Dla to Pip and you are aged over 65,if you don't qualify for Pip but get awarded x amount of points, are you then entered as an Attendance Allowance candidate,I thought I read this a few weeks ago on the site but I cannot find it,any help would be appreciated.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150295 by
Replied by on topic Pip to AA

Bob wrote: Am I right in saying that if you are going from Dla to Pip and you are aged over 65,if you don't qualify for Pip but get awarded x amount of points, are you then entered as an Attendance Allowance candidate,I thought I read this a few weeks ago on the site but I cannot find it,any help would be appreciated.

Hi B,

Was it This Post that you were thinking of ?

If you fail to gain any PIP award at all on being transferred to PIP after exhausting all your MR/Appeal rights, and you were over 65 at the time you could not reclaim PIP.

You would therefore have to make a totally fresh claim for AA yourself which does not include a Mobility Component.

Attendance Allowance (AA) Claims.

The qualifying criteria for AA is much more akin to the qualifying criteria of DLA Care Component rather than that of PIP Daily Living Component. !

To be absolutely clear, you cannot claim nor receive AA & PIP (or DLA) at the same time.

If you were only awarded The Daily Living Component part of PIP on transfer from DLA, but did not receive The Mobility Component part of PIP after exhausting your MR/Appeal rights, again, if you were over 65 at the time, even though you would continue to receive The Daily Living Component part of PIP for as long as you continued to qualify for it, you would not be able to be considered again for The PIP Mobility Component part of PIP.

If you awarded both Daily Living and Mobility Component of PIP on transfer from DLA, you would continue to receive both Components of PIP for as long as you continued to qualify for them, even if over 65 at the time.

See the following :

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

PIP Self Test

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #150535 by Bob
Replied by Bob on topic Pip to AA
Thanks for info, have been invited to claim pip,not looking forward to it,stressfull times.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.