× Members

ESA

More
8 years 3 months ago #150382 by Brian Hudson
ESA was created by Brian Hudson
Hi in February 2014 I won my ESA tribunal I did not get any points but regulation 29 & 35 did apply to me and I was awarded ESA and placed in the support group for two years Today I received a Capability for work Questionnaire My question is, is this mandatory ? And any advice ? Should I go and see my welfare rights ?

Thanks in advance
Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150397 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA
Hi Brian

It looks as though you are starting again on the ESA trail as your two years award in the Support group ends in February this year.

If I'm correct in assuming that you claim was on mental health grounds, then I would ask your welfare rights worker for help with your work capability questionnaire, which is mandatory, and gather together all the information you used previously and any new evidence to support your claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Hudson

More
8 years 3 months ago #150431 by Brian Hudson
Replied by Brian Hudson on topic ESA
Thanks Shelam I've got all my paper work from two years ago but I've been referred to a Clinical Psychologist for assessment which is much closer to my home unfortunately this has taken time because over the last two years I've been sent to hospital that involves 40 mile round trip which I felt I was unable to commit to but tomorrow the 10/02/16 I'm off to my local welfare rights for help thanks for your input Brian

More
7 years 11 months ago #159924 by Brian Hudson
Replied by Brian Hudson on topic ESA
Hi just to give you an update on my recent ESA/WCA on the 5th may 2016 I was awarded ESA and placed in the support group which I am very grateful for your advice howevere there was no Reassessment date given ? Anyway thank you B&W for your input
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk

More
7 years 11 months ago #160010 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Brian Hudson wrote: Hi just to give you an update on my recent ESA/WCA on the 5th may 2016 I was awarded ESA and placed in the support group which I am very grateful for your advice howevere there was no Reassessment date given ? Anyway thank you B&W for your input

That's brilliant, well done.

ESA awards do not have an end date, but there will be a reassessment date on the DWP computer system, so give them a ring and ask for the "prognosis".

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.