× Members

ESA has been rejected due to my medical

More
8 years 2 months ago #150478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA has been rejected due to my medical

Sharon wrote: hi this is my first time being rejected, I do intend to fight my case but everytime I ask any doctors or physios or pain management doctors for a letter to back me up they all say if DWP need to know anything its them that contacts the doctors and they don't supply letters to the patients, its cracking me up and the stress of it is making my illness worse

Now that a Decision has been made there is no requirement for the DWP to seek further evidence and they will not.

I do have to warn you that this may be a convenient excuse by your GP and other HCPs to avoid having to support you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sharon
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #150482 by Sharon
Replied by Sharon on topic ESA has been rejected due to my medical
thanks Gordon

• Sharon
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150486 by Sharon
Replied by Sharon on topic ESA has been rejected due to my medical
I have docs today for sick note and I will ask him for a supporting letter, so fingers crossed, I phoned DWP again and they said ive to go to job seekers appointment and take my sick note with me, and when I get my letter of assessment then ive to apply for a mandatory assessment and to write beside each point why I think this descision is wrong,

thanks for your help
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150494 by

Sharon wrote: I have docs today for sick note and I will ask him for a supporting letter, so fingers crossed, I phoned DWP again and they said ive to go to job seekers appointment and take my sick note with me, and when I get my letter of assessment then ive to apply for a mandatory assessment and to write beside each point why I think this descision is wrong,

thanks for your help

Hi S,

If you are going to JC Plus to make a fresh claim for JSA whilst your MR process is ongoing, they will not accept your JSA Claim whilst also presenting a Fit Note at the same time.

Taking into account the advice already provided above, see : This Post

bro58

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150499 by
Hi S,

If you are going to request an MR of the adverse decision, you need to do so in writing within a month of the date of the adverse ESA Decision Notice letter that they send you:

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

ESA MR/Appeals Guidance

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

bro58

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150544 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA has been rejected due to my medical
Hi Sharon
When you see your doc or anyone else treating you ask if they have received a request for info on your condition. They say no. Then say well they have found me fit for work without bothering to contact you SO THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. NOW I HAVE NO MONEY. HOW AM I GOING TO LIVE? WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME A LETTER WHEN I ASKED? I TRUSTED YOU. YOU'VE LEFT ME PENNILESS. WHERE WILL I LIVE WHEN MY RENT IS DUE.
Make sure you scream this at the top of your voice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.