× Members

ESA50 and PIP at the same time

More
8 years 2 months ago #150393 by jen
ESA50 and PIP at the same time was created by jen
Most upset and unhappy. I returned the first PIP form (which I managed to get instead of doing it by the phone) and the day it would had arrived at its destination, another bomb appeared in my mail - an ESA50 form which has to be filled in by 25th February. I wasn't expecting that. Now here's where things get twisted and nasty.

The second PIP form arrived yesterday... at my Mum's address. She lives 30 miles away and there is no way I can get that until the weekend. What on Earth they're playing at is anybody's guess since they've sent all other PIP and ESA related stuff to me personally but this important form gets sent to my Mum's. To rub salt into the wound, that has to be returned by 29th February. The letter was dated 29th January but didn't arrive till yesterday.

I am devastated and angry because basically they're trying to force me to fill in two nasty forms at the same time and there is no way I can cope with that. I do have mental health issues and I'm sure I read here that an allowance and extension can be made. Is this true, and how does one go about that? I'm stressed out enough dealing with the ESA50 form but to have the PIP one on top is just too much to bear and I feel with the delays and being sent to the wrong address I'm being treated unfairly and that I should have grounds for an extension.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150400 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA50 and PIP at the same time
Hi Jen

sorry things are getting so muddled for you.

I'm finding it difficult to understand how your PIP form arrived at your Mum's house - have you previously had mail delivered there? That's quite worrying, isn't it.

Anyway. Given that it is their mistake, I am sure you are quite within your rights to phone them (the number will be on one of the letters you HAVE received at your own address(!!) and explain what has happened. Ask (politely) if they can explain why the form was sent to your Mum's address, and explain also that you can't collect the form for several days. Tell them about the ESA form being due at the same time, and ask for an extension of time, given that it is no fault of yours that the PIP form was wrongly delivered. Hopefully they will be understanding.

If by any chance they are not helpful, get back to us and we will see whether any of the other mods or members have any other ideas.

Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem, jen

More
8 years 2 months ago #150513 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic ESA50 and PIP at the same time
I cant offer any advice but wanted to say how sorry I am that you have them both to deal with at the same time! how APPALLING! wishing you the very best of luck with it all & hoping that they will be understanding with an extension for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: jen

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150534 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA50 and PIP at the same time
Hi
You should make a formal complaint that an official form has been sent to the wrong address and copy in your MP.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150903 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 and PIP at the same time
I'm afraid I think you need to contact DWP and ask why you have been sent another PIP2 form after you returned the first one. This is the first issue, then you can address the fact that the second form was sent to a different place.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.