× Members

Re Hagley Road Assessment Centre

More
8 years 2 months ago #150447 by valerieegan
Re Hagley Road Assessment Centre was created by valerieegan
This benefit is totally unacceptable and unjust as I have lost out financially £87.20 per month since going from PIP to DLA. I have Epilepsy and a degenerating spine of which I did get mobility on the DLA but this was scrapped when onto PIP. All they assesses was could I move arms, legs, pick up a spoon, 2 pints of milk, all of these were yes so that was it?
I did not feel that this was an accurate assessment at all and the centre although well provided by public transport the building in which Capita use if the furthest from the road and no wheelchair access outside for those people. Lift was not necessary as it was on one level but you have to climb steps outside to get in. I am from a B postcode which was supposed to be looking to do the West Midlands way back in 2013 but I can tell you there are still many more to do and one of those is in my house.
With relation to my back I took all my scans to the assessment from the Chiropractor that I attend and they said you are only here for the Epilepsy. That is all they assessed me for despite other problems that I have. I did complain to IIan Duncan Smith and my MP Caroline Spelman but this did absolutely nothing,.
Compared to the 307.60 on DLA I now receive 220.10 and this is a big drop and in additio to that one I lost out from Incapacity Benefit to ESA so that was over £300 loss, but the main thing that riles me with all of this is the fact that MPs just raise their money like they are going to again, give money to the Syrians, forget the junior doctors who look after the disabled peoples lives and the vulnerable are being penalised.
Question - Would MPs like to be assessed and lose all of this income ? NO!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150475 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Hagley Road Assessment Centre
Valerie

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, have you requested a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.