× Members

Reclaim or Not?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150449 by Gary
Reclaim or Not? was created by Gary
I was borderline on getting DLA three years ago but my health has detioriated since then quite dramatically. Ehen I have filled in the mock PIP forms it does come up that I would re-qualify and in fact get extra help. I am however frightened that if I make a new claim they will take my current help away. I do suffer with depression and this whole scenario is really getting me very anxious. Any thoughts would be really helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150461 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Reclaim or Not?
Hi Gary

it's always sensible to be aware that you could lose your current award if you apply for a new award.

If you have strong medical evidence to support your claim, then you could risk an application for PIP. How much longer have you to run on your current DLA award? You would eventually be invited to apply for PIP anyway, you have no option but to accept the 'invitation', so if you have quite a long period left on your DLA award, just wait until your PIP invite arrives.

In the meantime, collect all the evidence you can in support of your problems with your illness. Keep a diary outlining your day to day difficulties; get someone who knows you to keep a diary on your behalf to strengthen your claim. Ask your GP whether he/she would be prepared to write a supportive letter on your behalf.

Other Mods might have different ideas; take note of all of them and go on from there. Good luck.

Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.