× Members

Re-consideration

More
8 years 2 months ago #150452 by leport
Re-consideration was created by leport
My husband has been receiving full mobility since 2011 and lower rate care, we have just been reduced to the standard rate mobility and higher rate care. His disability has not improved over the years but deteriorated, our car is due to go back on March 1st. We have submitted his re-consideration with the help from our Daughter-in-law, CAB officer and enrolled our local MP who has been brilliant. It appears the application form which we completed ourselves was not quite right, the new forms were somewhat misleading. These have now been corrected thanks to the additional help, apparently we are on fast track as our MP has been involved, not sure about that, will have to wait and see.
We contacted Atos after receiving our reduced mobility assessment as they stated my Husband could walk up to 40 meters as observed at the medical assessment, but we went in the surgery where he sat down, then when called you have to exit the rear of the building and walk down 2 small slopes into an outbuilding, he walked to the assessment room where he sat down approximately 45 minutes to 1 hours (wish I timed it now) on the way out he had to walk a slight incline (slope) up to exit the building where he was stumbling holding onto to me. We disputed this up to 40 meters and requested that myself and son go back to measure the distance, as yet they have failed to respond and the surgery will not give us access as we are not patients of the surgery. Also we wanted to send off additional evidence a MRI scan and X-rays of my husbands knees to prove the deterioration but only to be told that they do not accept these in disc format and that we would have to have the evidence in writing in the form of a medical statement from the consultant/doctor concerned. Well if the car goes back my husband is under 6 different consultants, 3 hospitals, his GP and monthly blood tests, we do not know how we are going to manage using public transport, its going to be a nightmare. From a very depressed, disillusioned wife, but I can live in hope. Have to wait to see the outcome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150456 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Re-consideration
Hi Leport

You seem to have done all you possibly could to put right all that was wrong with your husband's assessment. You know how to deal with the Consultant's letters and all the other information you need to present; so all you can do now is wait and see. So sorry you're having such a difficult time of things. Hope everything works out OK for you.

If you need any help in the future, please get back to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.