× Members

PIP MR waiting period

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #155713 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: I have notice some using the forum have had pip awards of more than 2-3 years.

In relation to a PIP appeal. In the event of an award is the appeal board allowed to make an award that goes beyond 2-3 years. I ask because it seems rare.

Hi J,

"In relation to a PIP appeal. In the event of an award is the appeal board allowed to make an award that goes beyond 2-3 years. I ask because it seems rare."

Yes they are !!

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157963 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
My PIP appeal is Monday morning. I take it they won't be working on Sunday so when are they likely to look over my bundle?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #157976 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: My PIP appeal is Monday morning. I take it they won't be working on Sunday so when are they likely to look over my bundle?

The panel will receive the documentation a couple of working days in advance of the hearing, I would not expect them to look at it in depth until the day before, if your hearing is Monday morning then I think it unlikely that you will hear in advance if they have made a Decision without you needing to attend. The earliest you are likely to hear will be when you get there. But remember an early Decision only happens for a minority of claims.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #158030 by Leofwen
Replied by Leofwen on topic PIP MR waiting period
I was reading through Johnys experience of MR and wanted to comment. Hopefully in the right place!

I have now been battling for 18 months since completing pip form moving from DlA as part of the migration process. It took 7 months to refuse my application and score 0 points ( previously high rate fior mobility and care). I asked for MR and if took 9 months for a decision as the DWP referred my case back to Atos who in turn requested for a consultants report. They had previously carried out a paper assessment without any medical reports. The decision was made to award 6 points for care component. I no longer qualify for mobility as I have moved to France. The medical report was requested 7 months into the MR process ( discovered this in bundle from DWP)

I am now awaiting tribunal date as have asked for paper hearing as unable to attend due to travelling. I am awaiting spinal fusion surgery. I had to make my submission prior to receiving DWP papers as it took 4 weeks for MR decision to reach me and only one MR notice arrived and no other paperwork. I was worried that I on,y had 1 week to make my submission to tribunal. I did not want to risk any delaysl Once I had received papers I could see that my medical history was inaccurate and lots of references to the use of AIDS, and not having a mental impairment, which apparently means I can do all the things I find difficult as I have my faculties! Never mind I have a spinal tumour and limited mobility. And require help ( nothing to do with mental impairment but disability caused by tumour. The DWP will not assess my mobility, as I am no longer in uk . However it is a huge factor in my inability to carry out daily tasks repeatedly, reliably etc.

I have phoned TS as my appeal was lodged in Feb 2016 and I hav been advised that paper hearings are done when the Judge can slot them in! It appears that paper hearings take less priority than oral hearings ; surely they are heard in order of receipt for equity. I was advised it could be days, weeks or months depending on when it could be fitted in. Very unsatisfactory. I was also advised I will no be notified of hearing date

But in terms of MR, my case was referred back to Atos and further evidence sought. Which was very poor as the form sent out did not ask the correct questions about difficulties I might have. I requested an assessment and was advised that it was possible, but problematic. It seems overseas claimants are being discriminated against as they do not get phone calls as apparently the HPs do not have ability to phone France, although DWP caseworkers do. Mobility is not looked at even though it is a huge factor for most claimants , and is different to entitlement to claim this component. It is about context and assessing the overall picture. Overseas claimants to not have ability to be assessed face to face and the DwP, although they can arrange local assessments in European countries, do not, as it is problematic.

Sorry about the length of post, but frustrated, unwell and despondent☹

More
8 years 1 week ago #158114 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR waiting period
Hi all

Sorry if I posted earlier in which I raised a new topic. I must have been recovering from my having been to my PIP appeal earlier today.

I was informed after Appeal finished that I would hear from them within a few days informing me or their decision. However, when I got home my Advocate phoned me to tell me they had called her and informed her that they awarded PIP to me....Enhanced daily and high Mobility.

I was both stunned and relieved. I believe the award may be for two years but will wait and see the paperwork.

Thank you all for your support!!

More
8 years 1 week ago #158123 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR waiting period

Johnny wrote: Hi all

Sorry if I posted earlier in which I raised a new topic. I must have been recovering from my having been to my PIP appeal earlier today.

I was informed after Appeal finished that I would hear from them within a few days informing me or their decision. However, when I got home my Advocate phoned me to tell me they had called her and informed her that they awarded PIP to me....Enhanced daily and high Mobility.

I was both stunned and relieved. I believe the award may be for two years but will wait and see the paperwork.

Thank you all for your support!!

I did reply to your other post.

Sounds like a big congratulations are in order although I would wait for the paperwork before you crack the champagne.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.