× Members

Do DWP really check assessors reports ?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150510 by Jax1103
Went to tribunal as I got 6 points for care on the basis of needing equipment, but failed on toile ting as the assessor said that she saw me get out of a chair without aids (a high chair with arms !)
Before anyone else said anything at the meeting, the DWP rep. Said that he had no idea why the assessor hadn't awarded points as I'd clearly stated I needed a high toilet seat and a grab rail, and suggested an additional 2 points straight away.
As the report had been seen by at least three DWP people, at report stage, review stage and tribunal stage, why didn't anyone else see it ?
What a waste of time, money and stress !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150531 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Do DWP really check assessors reports ?
Hi
You should make a formal complaint and copy in your MP.
This is exactly the sort of biased reporting the sick and disabled have to put up with and, as you say, what a total waste of public funds.
I bet the public wouldn't be so supportive of the war on claimants if they knew the truth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.