× Members

Atos Assessmenyt Centre

More
8 years 2 months ago #150538 by LameDuck
Atos Assessmenyt Centre was created by LameDuck
The ATOS assessment centre I attended in Essex for a PIP assessment isn't listed in your list of centres, so I thought I'd comment on the ATOS centre I attended in November 2015.
The centre shares a building at: Colchestr Centre, Hawkins Road, Colchester, Essex CO2 8JX.
Situated 500 yards away from the nearest station and slightly further away by bus, the business centre has a few steps up to the entrance as well as a slope, which I found to be quite steep and had to stop a couple of times as I climbed it. It did have a railing which I used to help haul myself up it!
The reception was large and had a small area which served hot and cold food and the toilets were of a good size.
The waiting room had armless chairs positioned against the walls and the room I was led into for my assessment was down a not very wide corridor, resulting in us having to walk in single file. You could have used a wheelchair in it, but you would not have had a lot of room to spare.
The assessment was carried out by a physiotherapost who used observation to assess me and started her assessment by informing me that whatever the outcome of her report, it is DWP that make any decision, so she is not to blame. She repeated this statement twice more during the assessment.
I was asked to put my arm behind my back but she did not look behind me to see how far I could move my arm. She ignored the fact that I became breathless during the peak-flow test and blatently lied in her report by stating that I did not get breathless. She also invented results if tests that I was not asked to perform and she lied aboyt conversations that we did not have. I can prove at least one of the conversations was false.
I know I have read on this site that ATOS assessors have lied in their reports, but I didn't think the lies would be so blatent! I now have to wait for my appeal, with no money as my DLA ended four weeks after claiming PIP and PIP now being denied to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150541 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Atos Assessmenyt Centre
Hi
Thanks for info on the test centre.
You should make a formal complaint and copy in your MP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.