× Members

Hi all

More
8 years 2 months ago #150739 by Maria
Hi all was created by Maria
I would like to know if any one has being in the SG due to Fibromyalgia and any adviser with de form.)
Thanks

Maria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150763 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hi all

Maria wrote: I would like to know if any one has being in the SG due to Fibromyalgia and any adviser with de form.)
Thanks

Maria

Members can post their own experiences if they wish.

ESA does not look at your conditions but rather the limitations that result from that condition and specifically your ability to carry out the activities in the 19 ESA Descriptors.

With regard the form, have a look at our ESA Claim guides on the following link. They go through each question on the form, explain the criteria against which you are being assessed and gives some examples of how you might complete it for various conditions.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150765 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hi all

Maria wrote: I would like to know if any one has being in the SG due to Fibromyalgia and any adviser with de form.)
Thanks

Maria

Yews, we have had members be placed in the Support Group with Fibromyalgia, with luck some will reply to your post.

It's important to realise that it is not the condition that will be looked at but rather the limitations that result from it.

Have a look at the ESA Claim guides on the following link, for each question on the form they explain the criteria against which you will be assessed against and give examples of how you might answer for various conditions.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If yo have further questions then please try and reply to this post and we will do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150814 by mrsoptic
Replied by mrsoptic on topic Hi all
I have chronic juvenile arthritis and fibromyalgia and have been a wheelchair user since the age of 9 and I had my esa transfer in 2013. I basically detailed Everything about how debilitating this condition is and made sure that I answered the questions based on my worst days. If they ask can you stand etc I put "I cannot stand without overwhelming severe pain in my muscles/joints etc because of the nature of my illness. I explained the flare ups, exhaustion etc you get with fibro in great detail and basically sent anything I could get my hands on as evidence. I was awarded the support group without the need for a medical for an idefinete period. Just pack everything short of the cat into those forms detailing anything and everything :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.