× Members

Despair

More
8 years 2 months ago #150761 by ajlola
Despair was created by ajlola
Hi,
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, my original pip award which I got for three years ends this coming September 2016 (enhanced living, standard mobility).
Had a Pip package before Christmas 2015 to fill in, could not understand why it was early, but you do it otherwise payments will stop if not done even though it's awarded until September 2016. Had a medical 24 days ago, awarded (enhanced living,enhanced mobility). Didn't know about the enhanced mobility until I had a very strange phone call from a man who said "he is just doing the award and he was awarding me the enhanced mobility with the enhanced living and how long my difficulties had been going on for.
This all sounds good, and thanks to your helpfully information on this site.

Now this morning, big brown package through the door. :( you know that's not a good sign. I was right ... Another Pip package. Why? Phone call to Pip call centre. Yes form to be filled out. As the above change is awarded until my original Pip end date.

Rather than put a new time period, they have used the original time frame, tax payers will now pay for two medicals in a year, all the people who get paid to do the paper work. Let alone the stress it puts on someone who is very poorly. Now ask yourselves, why has the deaths gone up with people who have to go through this process. Right now I feel so down, don't know who to turn to and yes I no longer want to be here.

I'm sorry, but this is so very unfair. They tell us to jump and we have to jump to what ever tune they want us to jump to.

If this has not been highlighted before? It needs to be now. Angela

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150784 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Despair
ajlola

AS I understand it from your post.

You original claim for PIP resulted in Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility from September 2013 to September 2016.

You were reassessed at the end of last year and the new award resulted in your Mobility being increased to the Enhanced Rate, but for the same period as the original award e.g. 9/13-9/16. I assume you received back payments for the increased award?

You have now received a new PIP2 to complete?

Is it legal, I'm afraid so, the PIP legislation allows for a reassessment to be done at any time and for any reason.

I can't advise you to not start completing the form as any actions that you can take might take sometime to complete and there is no guarantee of success.

I would contact the DWP and ask for a manager to call you back and ask why a new form has been issued less than a month after a previous Decision was made and why the term of the award was not increased when it was clearly at the discretion of the Decision Maker to do so. Obviously you are looking for the end date of your current award to be increased.

You can try contacting your MP for their assistance.

Contacting your MP

They may defer the assessment, but unless the end date of your existing claim is increased you are still going to have complete a new PIP2 before September.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150798 by ajlola
Replied by ajlola on topic Despair
Hi Gordon,

You understand right, sorry if I didn't make myself understood. I was so upset and as I said, didn't know where to go. Yes I did get back payments from last September 2015.

But to update you, when I was on the Pip call centre, I did say I was not happy and wanted a case manager to call me. They did say it could take up to 5 days for someone to give me a call back. In fact they rang back within a couple of hours. J the case manager from Bristol was brilliant, yes I did say brilliant. In short he said they had made a mistake and he extended the date to September 2019, but I won't believe that until I get the new letter saying so.

Really I just can't believe that they put people through this without a care. The call centres are so basic/useless with their information and I won't say anything about empathy. I was in such a state by the time I came off the phone from them.

It's a shame, but thankfully we have sites like this to come to. Many thanks to you Gordon and everyone on this site who are here to bring a glimmer of light, hope and help, to a mine field of bureaucracy.

I will let you know when I get the updated letter (fingers crossed).

From a very exhausted and upset Angela

More
8 years 2 months ago #150818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Despair
ajlola

Glad to hear that it appears to have resolved with relative ease.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.