× Members

esa form

More
8 years 1 month ago #150799 by annedw
esa form was created by annedw
Hi I am just about to start the process of going from DLA to PIP.I was wondering if a copy of the medical report from when I had my medical for ESA 2 years ago would be useful,and if so how would I get it Thanks .PS I got put in the support group for 3 years .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #150804 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa form

annedw wrote: Hi I am just about to start the process of going from DLA to PIP.I was wondering if a copy of the medical report from when I had my medical for ESA 2 years ago would be useful,and if so how would I get it Thanks .PS I got put in the support group for 3 years .

Hi adw,

You can include all and any evidence with your PIP 2 Form that is supportive of your qualification for a PIP Award !

This would include an ESA85 or ESA85A Medical Report if the information within it helped to indicate that the limitations that you suffer as a result of your medical conditions scored enough points via the appropriate Descriptor/s of the applicable PIP Activities.

The only thing is, that if you cannot obtain copy of your ESA85/ESA85A by way of a phone call to ESA and have to make a written request, The DWP have 40 calendar days to comply with any written request. (SAR)

You will find information in : This Post regarding requesting ESA Documents.

This is why I always advise members to request their ESA and PIP Documents as soon as they have received their Decision Notice letter.

That way they can file it away safely in anticipation of their next ESA/PIP Assessment/Re-assessment when it may be useful.

So it is not purely the fact that you were placed into The SG that may be useful evidence, moreover it would be "why" you were placed into The SG, and what ESA Activities/Descriptors were applied, and whether the limitations that you suffered when the report was compiled are still relevant and apparent.

e.g. An SG Award under Activity 1./Descriptor 1. "Mobilising" of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3Activities/Descriptors

"Activity :

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid is normally or could reasonably be worn or used.

Descriptors :

1 Cannot either:

(a) mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion;

or

(b) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion."

May also be a good indication that you can score at least enough points for a Standard PIP Mobility Award under the "Moving Around" Mobility Activity, Descriptors c. and/or d., as they both refer to no more than 50 metres as the benchmark distance that you can walk !!

PIP Mobility Activity 2. "Moving Around". :

"a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points.

b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points.

c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points.

d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points.

e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points.

f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –

(i) stand; or
(ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points."

You would have to show that you could not walk the applicable distance Reliably and Safely for The Majority of Days

To obtain an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award under "Moving Around" the benchmark distance is only 20 metres and you would have to show that you fulfilled e. and/or f. above.

All this is explained in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

See also :

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #150823 by annedw
Replied by annedw on topic esa form
Thank you Bro 58, I will post a letter making an sar request. Do you think as I suspect I was awarded maximum point for mobilising under 50 meters will this mean they will asum I can walk more than 20, even with medical evidence supplied. annedw

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #150825 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa form

annedw wrote: Thank you Bro 58, I will post a letter making an sar request. Do you think as I suspect I was awarded maximum point for mobilising under 50 meters will this mean they will asum I can walk more than 20, even with medical evidence supplied. annedw

Hi adw,

That is not a definite !!

Just because you were accessed as not being able to "Mobilise" "more than 50 metres" does not mean that you can "Walk" 20 metres or more Reliably and Safely for The Majority of Days.

It you cannot "Walk" the 20 metres as above, you should explain why you cannot.

I only gave Activity/Descriptor 1 ("Mobilising") of The SG Activities/Descriptors as an example, and obviously have no idea why you were placed into The SG ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #151598 by annedw
Replied by annedw on topic pip question planning a journey
Hi i am filling out the PIP form and am a bit confused about the planning a journey question . I can not use public transport at all and even find taxi's hard work because I can't always get in the car . I can plan a route on paper but can not make the journey even if someone was with me.Is this what the question means or am I completely barking up the wrong tree .also how would I word this if it is relevant to the question Thank you A
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jianne1274

More
8 years 1 month ago - 7 years 11 months ago #151605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip question planning a journey

annedw wrote: Hi i am filling out the PIP form and am a bit confused about the planning a journey question . I can not use public transport at all and even find taxi's hard work because I can't always get in the car . I can plan a route on paper but can not make the journey even if someone was with me.Is this what the question means or am I completely barking up the wrong tree .also how would I word this if it is relevant to the question Thank you A

Planning a route and following it are separate activities and need to be addressed separately on your PIP2, there is no requirement for you to be able to follow any route that you plan, but you can certainly argue that you need to be able plan a route in order to follow one, if that makes sense :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jianne1274

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.