× Members

Am i still entitled to carers allowance?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150843 by sophi
So this week has been a bit of a nightmare. I had a strange payment of DLA on tuesday which eventually found on friday to be my final payment of DLA before being put on to an interim payment whilst waiting for my PIP decision. Thats fine.

Today, on a saturday non the less we get a letter from Carers allowance saying we are no longer entitled because Im not on DLA anymore, but I am. Does this also mean we lose our income support and therefore housing benefits?

Im also not entitled to a disabled persons bus pass because they wont recognise that its not my fault that I applied for PIP in september and its not my fault its taking so long (still no medical or decision).

Help?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150866 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Am i still entitled to carers allowance?

sophi wrote: So this week has been a bit of a nightmare. I had a strange payment of DLA on tuesday which eventually found on friday to be my final payment of DLA before being put on to an interim payment whilst waiting for my PIP decision. Thats fine.

Today, on a saturday non the less we get a letter from Carers allowance saying we are no longer entitled because Im not on DLA anymore, but I am. Does this also mean we lose our income support and therefore housing benefits?

Im also not entitled to a disabled persons bus pass because they wont recognise that its not my fault that I applied for PIP in september and its not my fault its taking so long (still no medical or decision).

Help?

HI, S,

This is probably due to the fact that the DLA to PIP transfer team have not informed Carers Allowance (CA) about the ongoing situation and that you are still receiving DLA and why you are still receiving it.

You need to contact CA and explain the situation, you could also contact PIP :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Yes, it may affect your HB if you are entitled to HB due to receiving IS in connection with The CA, so you need to contact The HB department at your LA/Council to let them know as well !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.